Chapter 4 - GABIRU! GABIRU! GABIRU!

"My Lord, there's been a bit of a problem with the summoning."

"Hm? What do you mean? Tell me!"

King Edmaris Falmuth, the King of the Kingdom of Falmuth sat on his throne. Again this was a private meeting, with few in the room besides those who knew of the summoning.

"Well normally those we summoned have only so much magical power because they come from a world without it. However, this one seemed to have magic before and therefore their magicule count exploded during the transfer process and we weren't able to bind their soul properly."

"So we lost the summon?!"

"Not quite, we were able to use some priests to bind their souls with a holy curse which while allowing us full control of the summon, does unfortunately make them lose any 'will' they had."

"Isn't that a good thing?"

"While in a way yes, but on the other hand any fighting experience the summon had as well as their own combat instincts are barely useful. The summon will know how to fight and obey orders, however they lack the ability to learn, grow, or adapt."

He sat back on his throne, looking disappointed, "I see... Is there even any use for the summon then?"

"Well... While she may be far less effective in fighting, her sheer strength and power of her equipment more than makes up for it!"

"I see, so you think she's strong?"

"Easily the strongest summon we have, even with the limitations."

"That's good then, since she can't really live any sort of normal life, we'll keep her in the castle secured until she's needed."

"Do you know when that will even be? We're in a time of peace are we not?"

"Yes... But the disappearance of Veldora will open up its own can of worms in the next few years."

"What's a can of worms?"

"Oh it's just a saying Folgen told me about."

"I see... Well that's it for now, I'll inform you of any changes, my lord!"

Tanya raised her right hand, a number of small, glowing red orbs appearing behind her as she hovered in the air. Lowering her arm quickly, a small beam bursts out of one of the orbs like a bullet, rushing down and crashing on the ground, creating a large red-glowing explosion upon impact, kicking up dust and smoke. Following it came another, then another, as one by one pellets were fired, each one on average moving further down the clearing as the only thing that could be heard above the explosions were the screams of fleeing goblins on wolves.

The firing quickly accelerates, firing two pellets per second as the Goblin Riders struggle to outpace and dodge them. The occasional goblin is blasted off to the side and off their wolf, however she was holding back quite a bit, so while they're certainly in pain, it's nothing Rimuru's healing potions couldn't fix.

After about another 10 seconds it becomes a bullet hell with the orbs behind Tanya firing rapidly and randomly as all that could be heard over the constant explosions now was Gobta, one of the Goblin Riders, shouting "She's insane! She's trying to kill us!"

That and of course, Tanya's maniacal laughter.

"KYAHAHAHAHA! You think I'm trying to kill you with this? I'll show you what trying to kill you looks like!"

"Oh no..."

With that Tanya swung her right hand backwards before swinging it roughly forward as the pellets doubled in numbers and each began firing anywhere from 1-3 times a second, completely bombarding the clearing with pellets and explosions.