Chapter 8 - Calamities Clash

{Magicule Threshold Reached}

{Reawakening Athena}

{Progress... 1%}

"Charybdis was born long, long ago, and has died and revived many times. It is a violent Ruler of the Skies. No less is expected of the child of Veldora, the ruler and guardian of the forest. Charybdis was generated from a cloud of Veldora's magicules." Trya was the sister of Treyni who previously alerted us and asked us to defeat the Orc Lord who was invading the Great Forest. Now that we again face yet another threat, it would appear another dryad has come to warn us. This threat is stronger than the last, but we're stronger than we were before.

"If Charybdis has revived, it is a threat greater than a Demon Lord. Unlike a Demon Lord, this is not an opponent we can speak with." Fuze was the Guildmaster for the fairly small yet politically useful Kingdom of Blumund, he was arguably quite experienced with judging threats, at least more so than some of the people here.

"You might as well call it a monster with no intelligence. It's said that it calls shark-like summon monsters called Megalodons from the spirit world to join it in its rampage." Vesta was a former Minister in the Kingdom of Dwargon before being revoked of his title and granted to Tempest as reparations for his actions against Rimuru and Dwargon as a whole a while ago. I wasn't there to witness it, however I don't think I really needed to. All that's important is that he's arguably the smartest one here in terms of sheer technical knowledge. At least by this world's standards.

"What the heck? That sounds worse than the Orc Lord..." Rimuru, who was about the only other important speaking person here besides myself and a handful of others, was the leader of Tempest. Even if he doesn't act like it...

"The situation could not be worse. Its summoned Megalodons have occupied some lesser dragon corpses that were nearby for some unknown reason."

You know for caretakers of the forest who supposedly see all that happens here, I FEEL LIKE YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO NOTICE THE SUDDEN APPEARANCE OF SEVERAL DRAGON CORPSES!

"Huh?"

Rimuru surely you have more of a reaction than that.

"They number thirteen."

"So there's one beast as bad as a Demon Lord, and thirteen flying sharks that it summoned? What the hell kind of joke is this?"

Shuna stood up quickly, why she was here I have no idea, I've never seen her in actual combat, "Great Rimuru, what shall we do?"

"What do we do? I mean..."

Milim, the town's friendly neighborhood catastrophe, who frankly could solve all of our problems in a single attack, seems to have the same basic solution that I do, "Hm hm hm! Haven't you forgotten something important? That stupid Charybdis... is no match for me! I'll whoop its butt in no time!" She stood up quickly and took off her casual outfit somehow without ripping it to reveal she was wearing her former, fairly revealing, outfit underneath. Now my question is... Where was she hiding the sleeves? The dress she was wearing before had no sleeves, however her current outfit does... where was she? You know what, I'm not going to question the methods of a Demon Lord.

"Oh, yeah! That's one way!"

Shion interrupted, "We cannot do that."

Why?

"This is our town's problem."

What? No it's not! This is clearly a calamity capable of causing massive international damage and is the strength of a Demon Lord. I feel like it's well within the category of it being EVERYONE'S problem.