Chapter 6 -Destroyer

Battle was still raging on overhead, magically-enhanced bullets flying with the American mages only now being pushed back, even by the weakened 203rd. However Visha didn't care, only descending rapidly to the crater where she fell. What she saw was what she feared; nothing at all.

Nothing left but a smoldering crater in the earth, and aside from occasional burnt scraps of mage gear or uniform, there was nothing left. How could there be anything left after that? Being hit head on with a beam of pure magical energy then falling all the way to the ground, only to then have your computation jewel overload and explode. All of that was not something any person could survive. Each and every step of it was fatal to even elite mages.

Visha held onto hope otherwise, Tanya had survived things otherwise thought unsurvivable before. She had the type 95, the most advanced there was. She was arguably the strongest mage in the world, let alone the Empire. Yet the only thing that remained was... her computation Jewel?

This couldn't be right, she had seen it explode! Yet here it was in one piece, not even a scratch on it. She picked it up and looked at it and she was certain that it was real. The only explanation in her mind was that it was a spare perhaps, but she didn't even know if Tanya had spares of the type 95. It's not like she escaped either, her illusion magic was strong, but Visha could see through it if she had been using it. In fact she was certain she even saw chunks of her flying out during the explosion.

There was no doubt, Tanya was dead, however, if this is all that's left... Then she would keep it, if nothing else, to remember her. She only knew Tanya for a fraction of both of their lives, however she had been with Tanya since the Rhine, throughout the entire war they were together. And in a unit full of men, Tanya was her only close friend, that had to mean something. Tanya was so young too, a child fighting a war, yet she was the best soldier Visha had ever met. Yes, she would hold onto the type 95, for her, she had no time to mourn, she had to get back to the battalion and win this war, it's what Tanya would've wanted.

Visha was determined to make her proud.

Naming 120,000 Orcs was tiring. I had figured out from Noir a while back when asking about naming monsters that it takes strength from you, and while luckily I managed to successfully used the sealed internal magicules I had seemingly acquired from my reincarnation, coming up with that many names for that many orcs, and then giving them all the names takes forever.

It also took a massive chunk out of that sealed magicule storage. I'm not even entirely sure where it's from and Noir said he didn't have a proper explanation for it, so all I know is that over time it gradually funnels magicules from that internal sealed storage into my actual magicule count. This means that I'm gradually growing in strength, however the rate is miniscule, and it would take over 100 years to gain even just what I have left, which is about 25% of what I had before. As it turns out, naming 120,000 orcs really takes a lot of Magicules.

In truth I don't really mind sacrificing that 'Future Strength' especially considering that it'll take centuries before I even get it. I'm already plenty strong as is, and now I have an army of 120,000 Orcs to back me up. The main reason I wanted to name them is that I wanted them under my absolute direct command. Sure Rimuru's still technically their highest superior, however since I named them and made the alliance, if push comes to shove and I have to separate from Rimuru, I'll have a committed group to back me up if I need to. Secondly it'll make ordering them around much easier if they see me like everyone sees Rimuru.

I immediately got them to work on constructing roads primarily as the biggest project. As our city expands, the more we may come to rely or strive on trade with our neighbors and allies in the forest. They've also constructed aqueducts, which is really just the predecessor to plumbing which I aim to establish eventually. Rimuru also requested the construction of a hot spring for some reason. Personally I don't care too much about it, but I can see how it might be appealing for the locals and Rimuru himself alike.