Chapter 3 - Partying With Guilt

"Pink or black and white?" Millie said out loud to herself. She tossed up between wearing a short, tight, hot pink dress covered in sequins or a chequered crop top and some bell bottom black pants. Putting on the pink dress, she realised it accentuated her masculine figure. "I look like a freaking femboy," She sighed. Face hot with embarrassment, she pulled the dress over her head and wore the checker outfit. She changed quickly so she couldn't see herself in the mirror. Millie sat down at her dresser and started applying some makeup. Once she finished, she looked at herself and smiled. She looked like an actual girl, and she felt a warmth lightening up inside of her. An uncommon feeling, she thought.

Lights momentarily blinded Millie's eyes as she walked up a driveway. When she opened the door to the house, she was immediately hit by the smell of food, perfume and alcohol. Suddenly, Mick appeared out of nowhere and gave her a tight bear hug, which was more like a mouse hug because Mick was quite small.

"Yay! You're here!" they smiled and twirled around, their long grey skirt and fluffy brown hair spinning with them. Even though Mick was 19, they acted like they were 10. Once they finished their twirl, they grabbed Millie's hand and dragged her inside.

Chattering and loud music entered Millie's ears from every direction, so loud that she couldn't even hear herself question Mick on where they were going. She was led through the house and into the backyard, where the noise dulled. Her friends, Caleb, Courtney and Willow were laughing with each other near a heater, and as Mick pulled her towards them they waved to their approaching friends.

"Yo, M!" Caleb called. He patted Millie on the back and smiled, his blue eyes sparkling.

"How are you feeling?" Willow asked.

"Not too bad, actually." Millie lied.

"We were just talking about what we'll do in hell, because we're gay, LOL!" snickered Courtney. They showed Millie a little devil they had drawn on their hand. "We're gonna party everyday!"

"Bold of you to assume I'll die," smiled Mick.

Suddenly Millie recognised a figure walking around aimlessly near the drinks.

"Sasha!" she called out.

Sasha turned her head and smiled.

"Who's that?" Willow asked.

"My best friend from primary school, she just moved here."

"Hello!" Sasha exclaimed as she joined the group.

"Hi Sasha, these are my friends Mick, Willow, Caleb and Courtney."

"Cool! What are you guys talking about?"

"Hell." Willow said in a monotone voice, but she looked like she was about to burst into laughter.

"Ooh, my favourite," laughed Sasha.

"DING!" Millie looked at her phone. She, her friends and Sasha had been talking for about two hours, according to the time. She smiled, thinking about the weird conversations they had. Then she looked down at the message and her smile faltered.

New Message from Ella.

Where r u? Im at your apartment waiting for u.

"I have to go guys." Millie said, and she walked away, not waiting for anyone to reply as tears started to form in her eyes.