Potions, friends, and finally here!

(Snape's POV)

I sighed as I mixed in the second to last ingredient in my potion. Potter would be coming this year, and I knew he would have many troubles, but I didn't know how much o would be willing to help him.

I sighed again as I quickly put in the last ingredient and started stirring. I looked down at the cauldron and noticed it was bubbling. This was an anti-aging tonic, meant to help get rid of wrinkles and blemishes, and it wasn't supposed to be bubbling at this stage. I cursed under my breath for being so stupid.

I took a step back just as it exploded, purple gas starting to spread through the room. I coughed and started to feel lightheaded. I sat down and waited for the gas to dissipate, which didn't take long.

After another moment, I opened my eyes and noticed that everything seemed to be larger. I did up and nearly tripped over my robes, which were now nearly drowning me. I grimaced, not liking the implications this might hold. I quickly transfigured a desk into a mirror and sighed.

I looked just as I did when I first came to Hogwarts as a twelve-year-old boy. I would have to talk to Dumbledore about this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Your POV)

I smiled as I hugged my mom and dad goodbye. I hugged my mom for a moment longer as she cried softly. "Don't worry mom, I'll be back for Christmas!" She sighed and kissed the top of my head. "I know dear, I'm just going to miss you so much. I hugged her one last time, then turned to my father.

"I'm so proud of you sunshine." He pulled me into a hug, kissing my cheek. "Now, I have something to give to you before you leave. This was given to me by your grandmother the first time I was to leave on Hogwarts express. It was given to her by her father, who received it from his father. It had been passed down through many generations, and now, it's yours." He grabbed my hand ace placed something in it.

I looked at my palm to find a gold chain with a single pendant, an amber stone with a tiny preserved dragon, curled into a ball. I smiled and immediately put it on. "Thank you, Dad, I love it!" He smiled at me and kissed the top of my head. "I'm glad you do, now go! You don't want to miss the train!" I smiled and hugged my mom again, then ran to get on the train.

I quickly found an empty car and sat down, hoping someone would come to sit with me. Eventually, a girl came along and poked her head in. She had tan skin and short, curly brown hair. She smiled at me, adjusting her glasses. "Hey, mind if I sit here?" I shook my head. "Come on in! I'm (y/n), what's your name?" She sat down right across from me. "I'm Meridian, but most people call me Mo." I smiled at her, extending my hand for her to shake. "It's a pleasure to meet you Mo." She shook my hand, smiling back at me. "It's a pleasure to meet you too."

We relaxed for a bit but then decided to ask questions. "So what house do you think you'll get in (y/n)?" I thought for a moment before responding. "I think I'll be in Hufflepuff, what about you?" She nodded her head excitedly, being quick to respond. "I think I'll be in Hufflepuff as well. I can't wait to be sorted!" I giggled and nodded in agreement.

"So the Hufflepuff room is connected to the kitchen, right?" Mo nodded her head. "Do you think they'll let us use the kitchen to cook and bake?" Mo shrugged her shoulders but smiled. "I hope they do, cause I love to bake!" I smiled back at her. "Me too! We'll have to bake together sometime!" Mo nodded in agreement, and we continued to talk until another girl came along.

She was obviously older than us but smiled just the same. "Mind if I come in?" We shook our heads and quickly introduced ourselves. The new girl smiled, sitting down next to me. "My name's Amilee. It's my third year here and I'm a Hufflepuff." We smiled and got to know her, explaining we both hoped we would be hufflepuffs as well.

The train continued on and we continued talking, eventually getting our robes on and getting ready to exit the train as the Hogwarts castle loomed in the distance.