Cookies and naps

It had been almost a month since school had started, and Halloween was just around the corner. I had to go to professor Snape nearly twice a week for a sleeping draught, but he didn't seem to mind, and I got to know a boss about him in the meantime. For instance, he doesn't like anything that's too sweet, his eyes small flecks of green in the black, he was indeed worried about Harry Potter when he messed up the potion (he wouldn't teen me why), and he wants to be the DADA professor.

Since Halloween was just around the corner, the feast for it being in a week, I had decided to make cookies for all the professors. I had also managed to convince Mo to help me with it. I smiled at her she smiled back. "Are you sure we have to give these cookies to the professors? I don't even like half of them!" She popped a cookie into her mouth and I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, I'm sure. It's just a small thing to Thank them for their hard work!" Mo groaned. "But we don't have to give done to Snape right? He's so mean to me!" I giggled, packaging the cookies. "That's only because you called him a greasy-haired gerbil to his face." Mo stuck her tongue out at me. "Whatever, he deserved it."

I shook my head, packaging the last cookies and handing one more to Mo. "thanks for helping me make them. You don't have to help me deliver them if you don't want to." I put the packaged cookies in a larger bag and went to leave. Mo caught up to me and liked our arms. "I'm coming with you, don't worry."

As it was a day off, it wasn't that hard to find the teachers. We first bumped into professor Sprout, right outside of the kitchen. We gave her the cookies, which she thanked us for, and then went around until the only professors left were professor McGonagall and professor Snape.

Mo was getting tired of walking at this point, and I wanted to get this over with as well. A major headache was starting to take form, and my back was getting sore. But no sooner than I was about to give up for the day, we bumped into McGonagall.

I smiled up at her, reaching into my bag for the cookies. "Hey, professor McGonagall! We brought you cookies to thank you!" I handed them to her, and she smiled back at me. "Thank you (y/n), Mo." Mo smiled and nodded. "Of course professor, we hope you like them!"

McGonagall looked at me with pressed lips. "How are you feeling miss (l/n)?" I shook my head, smiling at her. "I'm fine professor McGonagall, just a little pain." She nodded, and then was off, saying she'd see me tonight. Mo looked at me quizzically. "Is something going on (y/n)?" I shook my head. "Don't worry Mo." She frowned, then let go of my arm.

"I don't want to see Snape, and I'm tired, so I'm going back to the common room." I nodded, knowing she was mad at me, but let her go. I sighed, then started to make my way down to the dungeons.

I started to stumble as the pain in my back increased but made my way to Snape's office. I knocked on the door, and he opened it almost immediately. I smiled at him, and he stepped aside to let me in. I came in and took out the cookies. "I hope you like these professor Snape." He grabbed one and took a bite nodding his head in approval. I smiled and then turned to leave, but a sudden shot of pain went up my spine and caused me to fall.

Snape was quick to my side, grabbing my shoulders. "Miss (l/n), are you alright." I shook my head as tears sprang to my eyes. "It hurts really bad professor Snape!" He nodded and picked me up, setting me down on the couch.

He left and after a minute came back with a sleeping draught. "Here, drink this and try to sleep the pain away." I nodded and downed it quickly. Then he turned to leave, and I grabbed his cloak out of fear and instinct. "Wait! Stay with me till I'm asleep please..." Snape sighed, but sat next to me, grabbing hold of my hand. "I'm right here, and I'll be in this room when you wake up." I nodded my head and soon fell asleep.

Snape's POV

I sighed as (y/n) fell asleep. Why did I not push her away as I normally would? I looked at her hand as I held it in mine. Her skin was soft, and a lovely shade of (skin color). I shook my head. I shouldn't be thinking these things.

It was almost as if not just my body, but my emotions and mental walls had returned to a younger state. It would make sense...

I sighed, not liking where this was going. If my mind had returned to a previous state, along with my body, then what would my emotions lead me to do? Would I make the same stupid mistakes?

I shook my head. No, I know better now. I know what mistakes drove Lily away from me, what mistakes led to me joining the dark lord. But then another thought struck me.

I pulled up my sleeve and nearly fell over in shock. The dark mark, nearly the last thing connecting me to Voldemort, was gone. I sighed, relaxing on the couch. I closed my eyes for a moment, then heard (y/n) whimper.

I frowned, then gently pulled her head into my lap. She relaxed a little, but her face seemed pensive. I pulled out my wand and looked at my putting shelves. I summoned a pain relief draught. I made sure her head was facing up, then opened her mouth and made her drink it.

I watched her to make sure she didn't choke, and sun her face relaxed and she didn't seem to be in any pain. I smiled slightly, and then relaxed into the couch again, soon falling asleep myself.