Full moon and tears

I sighed and looked at Mo, who seemed worried about me. "Mo, I have something to tell you." She looked at me expectantly, causing me to swallow thickly and cover my arms. "I won't be able to stay in our dorm tonight. Professor McGonagall will be here soon to take me somewhere else." Mo groaned in frustration, then took a deep breath. "What's going on (y/n)? Why do you need to go away tonight?" I shook my head, tears pricking my eyes, pulling my arms closer to me.

Mo sighed again, then got up to leave. I felt tears start to run down my face as I watched her disappear into our dorm. I took a shaky breath, then looked out at the full moon that was rising, my skin already crawling in discomfort. It seemed to be taunting me, only there to make my life miserable.

The tightness in my chest only increased as the seconds ticked by like centuries, waiting until McGonagall came to pick me up, and then the painting swung open. I looked up to see not McGonagall, but Snape. I sighed, feeling ready to break down into sobs. Snape frowned and came up to me.

"Ms (l/n), professor McGonagall has told me of your condition, and as something came up, she has asked me to escort you to where you will be staying tonight." I nodded and stood up, only to almost immediately fall down. Snape caught me and held me steady as we walked out of the common room and out to the whomping Willow.

I groaned as I felt myself start to shift, fear settling into my bones. "Professor Snape, we need to hurry!" He nodded, and we sprinted to the opening that would lead me beneath the whomping willow. Snape stayed at the entrance as I basically threw myself down the short hallway, groaning as I felt my bones elongate, and my teeth change into something much more sharp and dangerous.

As I finally let myself sink to the ground, a howl of pain tore through my throat, and I finally shifted into a wolf. I felt tears run down my face as an insatiable hunger settled in, and I heard shouting outside. I clawed at the walls wanting to be outside, but I knew I couldn't.

I spent the entire night under the Willow, and as I painfully shifted back to my normal self as the sun rose, I let myself cry. I had only been a werewolf for a couple of months, and each time I shifted, I feared for the safety of those around me. It was a lot of stress not only on my body but on my mind.

I stayed there until I heard the door of the hallway open. I looked behind me, trying to cover myself with my scraps of clothes, and saw Snape. His lips were pressed into a tight line, and he seemed worried. "How are you feeling, Ms (l/n)?" I subbed and shook my head. "Not great professor Snape." He nodded and gave me a cloak to cover myself with. I took it, and quickly put it on.

I started to stand up but found it nearly impossible to do. Snape sighed, resting his hand on my shoulder. "Ms (l/n), would you mind if I carried you to the infirmary?" I shook my head. "Please, professor Snape." He nodded, The placed his arms under my knees and around my shoulders, easily picking me up.

I closed my eyes as I felt more tears cascade down my face, not wanting to look at Professor Snape in such a pitiful state. We didn't speak a word, but I could feel he wanted to. We soon made it to the infirmary, and Snape set me down on a bed. "Madame Pomfrey will be here soon. Would you like me to stay here a minute?" I nodded my head, not wanting to be alone.

Snape sat beside me, holding my hand. "Ms (l/n), you should know that Ms. Bennett followed us out last night and figured out your secret." I felt my lip quiver, but I nodded my head. "I'm so scared Professor Snape." I heard him sigh, squeezing my hand. "It's understandable that you are, but you have support here, so if you need any help, you can ask any of the staff here." I nodded my head, and then Madame Pomfrey came in with a large breakfast, and Snape had to leave.

I was stuck in the infirmary all day. I watched as the sun rose high into the sky, and then Mo came in with lunch and homework from the morning classes. I couldn't look at her as she set it down on a tray, and I heard her sigh. "(Y/n), I'm not mad at you. I get why you didn't want to tell me, but I am glad I know now." I looked at her in shock. "You aren't going to leave me?" She shook her head. "I'm not going to leave you for something you can't control. I mean, it's not like you'd leave me if I was a werewolf." I nodded, smiling. "Right, thanks Mo."

We ate lunch in place for the most part, until Mo smirked at me. "So, you and professor Snape seem to be getting pretty close." I laughed, pushing her away from me. "Shut up, he's just being nice." Mo rolled her eyes. "Yeah, a professor who isn't nice to anyone is being nice to you." I shook my head. "It isn't anything like that, I promise." Mo sighed, giggling a little. "Whatever you say (y/n)."

Mo soon had to go, and aside from Madame Pomfrey checking on me every once in a while, I was left to do my homework. It was fairly easy, and I soon found myself with nothing to do. I watched as the sun got lower in the sky, just waiting for dinner.

When the door finally opened, Professor Snape came in with a full plate of food.