Chocolate and Slytherins

I took a deep breath as I entered the great hall with Mo. I had told her something along the lines of professor Snape telling me I had potential and giving me a few more tips. I could tell that she didn't believe me, but she didn't press me. I hated lying to her like this, but I had no choice.

I took a deep breath and smiled at her, she smiled back and shook her head. "I can't stay mad at you, but promise me you'll tell me what the problem is eventually?" I nodded my head. "Eventually, I'm just not ready to yet." Mo nodded, and we sat down at our table.

I quickly ordered my meal, deciding to have a steak done (your preference), mashed potatoes, and sweet snap peas. I smiled as I saw it magically appear, but quirked a brow when I saw a small piece of chocolate on the edge of my plate as well. I shrugged my shoulders, grateful for the sweet even if I didn't ask for it.

"So (y/n)," I looked over at Mo, smiling slightly. "I talked to some of the upperclassmen, and apparently Snape wasn't this young last year. They're saying he messed up a potion big time, but they don't know why. He supposedly never messed up a potion, so he must have been severely distracted!" I thought for a moment and nodded in agreement.

"What's the one thing that's different from other years?" We both thought for a moment, and then it clicked. "Harry Potter!" We said in unison. I giggled and popped the chocolate into my mouth.

"So, he was worried about Harry Potter. I wonder why though?" Mo shrugged. "That's at least one mystery solved." I nodded getting up to leave since I had finished my dinner.

Mo got up to follow me as I yawned. I linked my arm with hers, and we made our way to the Hufflepuff common room. The plush pillows and several plants decorating the room provided me with comfort, but right now, I just wanted my bed. I guided Mo to our room and got ready for bed.

As soon as I was done, I wished Mo a good night, then noticed another chocolate on my pillow. I was starting to get suspicious, but just shrugged and ate it, climbing in bed to try and get some sleep. I tossed and turned for almost three hours, but eventually got up again.

I went out of the common room into the chilly castle air. I told myself I was just going to the kitchen to get a midnight snack but then found myself wandering. I wandered into the dungeons, near the Slytherin common room.

After going in a few feet, I noticed Draco Malfoy and his gang were hanging out outside of their common room. I turned to leave, but they soon spotted me. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and could almost feel the condescending look I was getting.

I turned around and smiled. "Is there anything I can do to help you?" Draco smirked at me. "Yeah, why don't you go get us some food like a good wench (l/n)." I flinched when he called me a wench, but held any venomous words from escaping my lips. "Sorry Malfoy, I was just leaving." His face turned suddenly angry, then he threw me against a wall.

I grunted as the impact forced me to my knees. My knees burned, but I just glared at Malfoy as I picked myself up. He came to kick me, but then an authoritative voice echoed down the hallway.

"Mr. Malfoy, what is going on here?!" Professor Snape stood a few feet away from us, and I sighed in relief. Malfoy started to stumble over his words, but professor Snape held his hand up. "Go to your rooms, all of you! If this happens again, I am not afraid to take points away from my own house." Malfoy and his friends nodded, whispering their password and slipping into their common room.

I turned to professor Snape, ready to apologize, but before I could, he kneeled in front of me, looking at my knees. "Are you alright Ms (l/n)? They didn't hurt you too bad did they?" I shook my head. "No, I don't even think I'm bleeding." Pressure Snape nodded and stood up.

"Now, what are you doing out so late?" I looked at him in guilt. "Sorry professor. I couldn't sleep, and I didn't mean to wander this far..." He nodded, taking my hand. "Follow me, I'll give you a small sleeping draught." I followed him dutifully into his private room.

He sat me down with some hot tea and went to get the sleeping draught. The tea smelled of lavender and honey, instantly relaxing me. I took a deep breath and took a sip. The heat of the tea soaked into my muscles, relaxing me more. I quietly drank the tea, and soon, professor Snape was back.

He handed the vial of sleeping draught to me. "Only take This when you have made it safely to your bed, as it will take effect rather quickly." I nodded my head. "Thank you, professor Snape." I turned to leave, but he called me back.

"One thing before you go Ms (l/n), what is it that is keeping you up?" I bit the inside of my cheek, knowing I'd have to keep my answer vague. "Just some worries professor, nothing too serious." He nodded, but I could tell in his eyes that he knew it was very serious.

"Ms (l/n), if something is bothering you, please do not be afraid of telling any of the faculty members, including me. And, if you ever find yourself in need of another sleeping draught, you know where to find me." I smiled at him. Nodding my head.

"Thanks again Professor, I'll keep that in mind." He nodded, and I almost swore I could see a ghost of a smile on his ever-frowning face.

I quickly made it back to my dorm room and laid down in bed. I downed The sleeping draught, and before I knew it, I was out like a light.