Intruder

Jason and Veronica arrived in Los Angeles, but decided to make a stop before meting with the Titans. Ever since Veronica arrived at Gotham she had no time to rest nor eat, she had too many problems in her mind and Jason noticed that. "Why are we stopping?" Veronica asked, but Jason ignored her question and handed her his hand for her to take, confused by his sudden approach she took his hand and they walked inside a pizza place.

They got inside and went to the nearest booth near the window, the waitress came and took their order, as they waited for their food, Victoria was spacing out looking at the people passing by outside, but turned to face Jason who had been looking at her the whole time, wondering what was going through her troubled mind. "What happened back there, at the docks?" He asked, his sudden answer caught her by surprised, her expression changed completely as she thought about what happened. 

Veronica wanted to tell Jason, but she had no idea how to explain everything, she had no clue or intel on who it was or what it wanted, but she also knew Jason wouldn't take no for an answer, he still knew her too well to even try and avoid the conversation before even arriving at the Titan's tower.  "Do you remember, when I told you I saw my parents die in my sleep?" She responded, with her head held down as Jason continued to listen, his full attention on her.

"I never told you, but I also saw who or what did it.."Veronica took a pause as she kept recalling that night and what happened at the docks.  Jason kept his gazed on her, watching as she stayed silent, anxiety was taking over her, it was like thinking about it made her whole body weak and even Jason could see that.

"You don't have to say anything else if you want.." Jason said getting her full attention, she smiled at him weakly but continued to speak. "I have to talk about it eventually and I also don't want to keep secrets from you.." Veronica was determined on not letting this weakness take over her, specially not in front of Jason, she knew she was strong and she had to get her mind clear for her own sake.

"Okay, then I'm here to listen okay? I'm not going anywhere either.." Jason responded reaching for Veronica's hands that were leaning on the table, being like this with Veronica made Jason feel regret for not being close to her for two years and he wanted to make up for that in any way he could. "Jason, when my parents died I saw this thing, it's like it lurks in the shadows, waiting to strike and that night at the docks, it appeared again." She finished, but before getting into more details their conversation had to be kept for later as the food had arrived at their table. 

They finished their food and took a few slices to go and headed towards the parking lot, meanwhile Grayson was blowing up Jason's phone asking him where they were and what took them so long,  but Jason responded not giving a single care, he was with Veronica, that's all that he cared about. 

Meanwhile, Grayson was throwing a fit at the tower, making Rachel annoyed and Gar looking at him like a confused puppy, to be honest he had no idea what was going on due to playing video games all day, he just pretended.  "He knows this is important right and for her own sake?" He blurted out to Kory who was trying to calm him down.

"Dick, they haven't seen each other for two years, you should understand they have a lot to catch up to.." Kory spoke, calming Grayson a little, he wasn't only tensed up because of Veronica and Jason being late, he was worried about what it would bring or meant for everyone on their team. 

Thinking about what happened with Rachel last time, how it got everyone in danger and even himself, he wanted to be prepared before whatever it was strikes. "They're here!" Gar suddenly exclaimed while pointing at the security camera near the entrance, Jason flipped off a middle finger at the camera while Veronica looked straight ahead waiting for the door to open.

"Isn't he nice.." Gar sarcastically responded to Jason's behavior and proceeded to open the door, revealing the duo.

To be continued...

A little short, but here it goes, hope that anyone reading enjoyed. :) 

UPDATING SOON!