Empty tricks

Veronica's point of view.

"Where the hell am I?" Those were my first thoughts as I woke and noticed I was in the middle of nowhere surrounded by trees and a big fog.

I stood up and my first thought was to check my wound, as I looked down my shirt, it was indeed cover with blood, I lifted my shirt to check out my wound, but surprisingly was healed. Like I wasn't even stabbed. I could feel my senses more heighten, this power of mine, that I've never experienced before. I closed my eyes and could feel the despair and cries from far. My first thought was Jason and my friends.

"Come on.. think! " I said to myself as I tried to focus and get to my friends. I could hear sirens from a far and people screaming for their lives.

I decided to follow the voices until I ended up on a hill, seeing Gotham not so far from me. "Great.. I can hear everything even if I'm far away." I focused my hearing and thought of Jason as I closed my eyes, suddenly there was silence, a silence that scared the hell out of me, could it be? No, it can't be.

I was thinking the worst until an unfamiliar voice caught my attention.

"He's fine.." A male husky voice spoke to me, making me turn around to face the owner of that voice.

If I could describe him in one word, it would be an angel, he had almond shaped eyes, dark black eyes that could lead you towards your demise, short black hair and taller than Jason himself.

"Excuse me? Do I know you?" I looked at him from head to toe, admiring his figure but soon taken back down to earth as I remembered Jason. My face showed confusion as I guarded myself.

"I saved you, I took your body away from everyone and Hade's himself, let's just say you guys had a strong connection back there, the only way to save you was to break it, by taking you somewhere far." He explained with a smirk.

"Huh? That still doesn't tell me who you are.." I look over at him, waiting for answers as he let out a sight taking a step closer towards me.

"Let's just say I'm more like your guardian angel." He said with cockiness and smiled.

I knew speaking to him would become a hassle, so I went with what he said before getting straight to my point.

"Listen, thank you, but I need to get back to the city or else my friends are done for." I spoke with a firm tone, letting him know I was serious about this. He chuckled at my seriousness and spoke, getting my full on attention.

"I told you, your little boyfriend and friends are safe, my other partners took care of them. You cant see them yet." He spoke with sincerity.

"What do you mean I can't see them yet?" I looked at him with confusion and worry, he let out a sight annoyed by my persistent attitude.

"If you see them now, they'll be in more danger, just give it a couple of weeks and trust me?" He seemed honest and I could tell, which made me trust him, but not fully.

I nodded my head at him, understanding what he meant, Hades was out there and probably keeping an eye on them. He must not trust I am fully gone and I could feel that as his daughter.

"Fine, then what do we do in the meantime? We cant just sit here and watch the whole city of Gotham burn, innocent people are at risk.." I spoke the truth, I didn't want to stay and do nothing, I came back for a reason and it was this, to do what I could to save those who are defenseless.

"Now that we are on the same page here, my name is Jackson, Jackson Lee, as for what I really am and do, that's another story for later." He spoke before turning his back on me and starting to walk away.

"Now you tell me your name?" I was annoyed by his attitude, but right now, his company would do, if it lead me to Jason and the titans, I'll put up with it, but my guard will still remain.

"Come on, we have to get going." He almost yelled as he walked away further down the mountain.

I hesitated for a bit before speaking and asking him where we were going as I followed behind, keeping my distance.

"Just be quiet, you'll see when we get there." He replied as I rolled my eyes and followed him quietly.

I don't know who this stranger is or what his intensions are, but he was the only one with answers right now, plus I could defend myself if anything. What I really wanted was to see Jason and my friends. I wanted to make sure they were okay and I could tell that the journey to see them again would be long, but I am hopeful.

To be continued...

AUTHOR NOTE:

Sorry for the wait, let's just say I was a little blocked on this whole story, but today I came to the idea of adding a possible second lead.(BEEN WATCHING TOO MANY KDRAMAS IM SORRY!) Please let me know what you guys think? I was thinking of making this a two part fic. I still don't know! Anyways thank you for your support, it means a lot and its one of the reasons I keep on writing.

<3 Thank you!