Wayne Manor

It's been a week since Veronica, Rachel and Gar arrived at the Wayne Manor, taking Bruce and Alfred by surprise, Jason avoided having  a long conversation with Bruce, after all that he'd done, he was still feeling betrayed, but Bruce came to terms with the situation and took the three of them in finding it as a perfect timing due to the recent events that had been going on in Gotham.

Gar had been down at the bat cave helping Bruce and Jason with a new threat in Gotham, meanwhile Rachel and Veronica were on a mission of their own,  searching for Hades's true intentions and helping Veronica take control of her new found powers.

"Rachel, are you a hundred percent sure this is the location?" Veronica stared at the old building not too far from the docks of Gotham. "Yes, here is where the energy is the strongest." She spoke glancing at Veronica one more time before getting inside the abandon building.

[A WEEK AGO]

Veronica's POV

After my fight with Hades, I could feel myself drift away slowly but instead I opened my eyes and could feel everyone's eyes on me, Jason's face said it all, he looked frightened and almost about to burst out crying, I felt the pain of all the hits I took in my slumber all over my body, but it was bearable and pretended everything was fine. 

Jason suggested I went with him to Gotham, as if it would make any difference, but I guess he just wanted to be close to me in this situation. Knowing it was merely the beginning of all chaos, I wasn't thrilled about the whole idea of staying with Bruce Wayne and all because of what had happened with Jason. 

The whole car ride to Gotham was silent, Jason glanced a few times to make sure I was fine, not knowing  I've been getting glimpses of memories, old memories I had no idea existed, it felt like a needle poking at my brain every time those flashes came, they were blurry faces and distant conversations I couldn't understand clearly,  the other part of me was also hurt, at the fact that I was adopted and my whole life had been a lie since the start. 

"Hey, Jason can you stop at that gas station, please?" I pointed at the first gas station I saw and he made a stop without hesitation. "I'll be back, just going to the bathroom." I said as I unbuckled my seatbelt, getting out of the car with Rachel following behind. 

I told Rachel to wait as I went inside the bathroom, I locked the door and went straight to the sink and splashed my face with water, letting out a loud sight and examining my bruised body in the mirror, I took off my jacket to see how the cuts were and was surprised to see they were healing slowly. "Hey, I really have to go Veronica!" I hear Rachel yell while knocking at the door. "I'll be out in a minute!" I yelled back as I fixed myself up and suddenly felt something in my pocket that wasn't there before.

I slowly put my hands inside my jacket and could feel something sharp, I carefully take it out just to see it was a gold dagger with a silver and gold handle, it had symbols I couldn't decipher just at the edge of it, I examined the dagger slowly but quickly placed it back in my pocket as I hear Rachel knock again, this time loudly. 

"Sorry.." I said while opening the door, but she ignored me and stormed inside so I continued walking towards the car, Jason was leaning outside my door, glancing at the ground, I could tell had a lot on his mind. "Everything  alright, Jason?" I asked getting his attention away from whatever he was thinking. "I should be the one asking you that.." He answered with a hint of disappointment in his voice.

 "You almost got yourself killed, what the hell were you thinking?" Jason responded with frustration as he ran a hand thru his hair and if I'm being honest, I did felt guilty for leaving without saying anything and almost dying. When I was about to respond, Rachel was already behind me telling us it was time to leave, she looked tired after all, she also helped me back at the fight,  so I gave Jason an apologetic look before getting in the car "We can talk about this later..". I responded. 

END OF POV.

Veronica and the rest arrived at the Wayne Manor, as Jason introduced Veronica to Alfred and Bruce, it was the first time they had officially met, because Jason was with the Titans when Veronica arrived for the first time, but she knew everything about them thanks to being part of the team. 

Each of them went to their assigned rooms except Jason, he had told Veronica before that he wasn't going to stay, only her, that's why he didn't care about Gar and Rachel tagging along, he knew it would make her feel better having people she really knows around the house. 

"Are you sure you don't want to stay? Your room is still there.." Bruce spoke to Jason who was standing by the door about to leave. "Yeah, I'm good, but thanks for taking Veronica and the rest in." Jason responded and Bruce only nodded to his response before leaving, it wasn't like he was leaving forever anyways. 

"Leaving without saying goodbye?" Veronica said as she came down the stairs, Jason stood by the door and waited for her to come down, surprised by Veronica who suddenly took his hand and walked him outside the door. "Better.." She responded still holding to his hand. "What was that about?" He asked not knowing what she had in mind. 

"I just wanted to talk to you, alone without any interruptions." Veronica felt like she needed to apologize for everything, she didn't want to keep him in the dark like Grayson did. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, at least not right now.." Jason responded letting her know he understood. "No, you need to know." She said determined with her decision and reaching towards her pocket getting out the dagger she had found. "Where did you get that?" Jason said  getting closer to take a look at it's design. 

"I have no idea, one minute I had nothing in my pockets and the second I got out of the car, there it was." Veronica spoke as the both of them examined it's symbols. "I think Rachel might be able to help you out on this one." He said getting away from the dagger to look at Veronica ho was still gazing at the crafting of the dagger. "What else is going on in that mind of yours?" He spoke getting her attention, she placed the dagger back in her pockets and continued to speak.

"I saw my real father back there, like the actual Zeus, we had a short and confusing conversation. It all happened just when Hades was about to kill me, I ended up in a dream of some sort and there he was. Speaking to me in riddles and telling me I was strong and that we didn't have much time to speak to each other." She finished, Jason was still processing all she had said but it didn't take him long to respond. "Let's get you all the answers, together, no more disappearing." He spoke, grabbing both of Veronica's hands letting her know he wasn't going anywhere. 

By then Veronica also explained to Jason about her memories coming back and he suggested she should speak to Rachel about that, since she would be more of help than he could be in that type of things, so she decided to tell her friend Rachel, not like she wasn't going to anyways. 

"Where are you going now?" Veronica asked Jason who was now ready to leave. "I have work to do, Red Hood has been absent for a while at Gotham, I'll explain later." With that, Jason left but not before planting a kiss on Veronica's lips before leaving, he wanted to stay, but after his fucked up plan at the docks a few weeks ago, he had some cleaning up to do. 

To be continued.... 

Another update just to keep the story going, if there are any errors, please let me know also comments are welcomed, id like to know my readers thoughts. :) Updating soon!