4

Sherly Canberly.

"Eat the meat Sherly, you're not a sheep." I look at my mother who is busy putting a lot of food on my plate.

"You look so skinny." My father first sentence after seeing me this morning.

"Thank you, father." I say with a small smile before shoving a big meat inside my mouth.

My father suddenly clears his throat which makes me look at him.

"So, you broke up with that singer?" he suddenly asks while staring at me.

I can see my mother's eyes get wider and she quickly nudges father's hand.

"Why don't we talk about something else?" my mother asks with an awkward laugh.

I only glance at her before looking at my father "Yeah, we broke up. He cheated on me." I say before drinking a glass of milk.

My father suddenly put his hand on my head "It's okay. I didn't really like him." He says which makes me furrow my brows.

"But I did." I say without looking at my father. I focus on looking at my food and eat a piece of potatoes.

"But did he?" those words make me freeze; I turn my head to look at my father who's acting like he didn't say anything.

"Sherly, I cooked your favorite food. Why don't you try it?" I turn to my mom and stare at her, having a doubt inside my heart.

Slowly I look away, wondering if Steve ever loved me or he was just playing with me. I lose my appetite in a second after hearing what my father said.

"Hey, Sherly." I quickly look up and stare at my mother. Worried expression is all over her face, I quickly show a small smile, assuring her that I'm fine.

"I... need to go." I say before standing up and begin to walk towards my room.

"Darling" my mother calls me with her soft tone, I dont want to see her worried expression, I hate it so I ignore her and continue to walk.

Right after getting inside my room, I let out a loud sigh before closing the door. It really annoys me a lot. Why can't I just forget about him and move on, but to think again, that happened yesterday so it's hard to forget it.

I walk towards my bed and sit on it before taking my phone. There's a text from Joanna, her texts are the same. She's telling me to eat and take a rest.

There's a knock on the door which makes me turn my head "Sherly? Can I get inside?" my mother's voice make me look down, trying to enlighten my mood.

The door then opens, revealing my mom holding a plate filled with my favorite food.

"You don't have to do this mother. I can just go down and take it by myself." I say, standing up from my bed.

"I know you well." She says, showing a small smile as she puts the food down on the table. She then sits on the bed, holding my hands "So, how are you?"

I sit beside her "I'm fine." I say, showing a quick smile.

"You know, ever since you moved out, your father kept on asking me about your condition. He asked me if I could call you and tell you to come." I stare at my mom who has a smile on her face "He missed you so much."

She turns to me and continues "And he was so shock after seeing a news about you having a boyfriend." She chuckles "He's worried and asked everyone about Steve, he even asked Anna and maybe your bodyguard." She shakes her head "He was so scared of losing you."

I look down "It's not his first time losing his own daughter." I mumble, knowing I have two sisters who married with their own partner.

"But you're the youngest. He wants to spend a lot of time with you before you go and leave him to start your own family." Mother smiles "You're very busy and sometimes you father said he regrets letting you be a model at such a young age, but he feels proud of you."