5

Sherly Canberly

"Seriously father?" I mumble while trying to show a small smile to some of his workers "Are you trying to matchmaking me with your friend's son?" I ask which makes my father look at me.

"I was just trying to help you darling. His sons are much better than your ugly ex." My father says as he presses the elevator button.

"Father can you please stop talking about him?' I ask while trying to get inside the elevator.

"He cheated on you and you never listened to me." My father looks at his wristwatch "You know, I'm not young anymore and maybe I will die sooner or later so you need to listen to me." He suddenly says.

"Father? Why did you say something like that?" I ask while furrowing my eyebrows.

"I'm not joking around. I'm old and my youngest daughter doesn't want to listen to me."

"Please father." The elevator then stops moving at the 15th floor and then we get out of it.

"Why are you here now darling?" he asks and keeps walking while I try to bow to some of his workers who bow at him.

His secretary then opens the door of his office room. My father gets inside the room while I follow behind him.

"I will take a break from modeling for five months." I say once we are inside the room. My father stops walking "Joanna told me to take a rest and she said I can" I stop talking when he suddenly turns to me.

"It's because of your ex, right?" he asks and I'm not saying anything.

I only look away while trying to find something to say. I look at my father when I feel him coming closer to me. He knows the answer.

"Joanna said I can spend more time with you and mother."

He puts his hand on my head. Slowly he taps my head and lets out a deep sigh "You can do whatever you want. If you want to go somewhere all alone then go." He says before hugging me "Just don't do something stupid because of your ugly ex."

I close my eyes "Yes, father."

"Now, why are you here?" he asks after letting go of the hug "I'm kinda busy right now and" he suddenly coughs which makes me put my hand on his back.

"Are you okay, father?" I ask.

"I'm fine. Don't worry." He says while looking around "I need to sit." He mumbles as he walks towards his seat.

His right hand is on his left chest while his other hand tries to touch the table. I quickly hold his hand and help him walk towards his seat.

I stare at him when he finally sits on the chair. He lets out a deep sigh after leaning against the chair.

"I want to help you father, that's why I am here." I say which makes him smile.

"Can you give me a glass of water please? I think I don't drink enough water." I nod my head and quickly walk out of the room.

I help my father by becoming his second secretary. He looks really exhausted but he is smart enough to hide it. I think he just can't accept the fact that he's not as strong as before, that's why he keeps pushing himself on managing his business.

The problem is he doesn't have son who can help him managing his business. He keeps saying he will give everything to my soon-to-be husband and the reason is because I'm the youngest.

I don't understand why he doesn't want to give half of it to one of my sisters' husbands. Jessica's husband is a business man too and he will be good at managing father's business.