xi.

After Damon walked away from Jeremy, Luna following close behind, he made his way inside the school building to where a shocking amount of guys were arm wrestling each other

After Damon walked away from Jeremy, Luna following close behind, he made his way inside the school building to where a shocking amount of guys were arm wrestling each other. Or rather random guys arm wrestling Tyler Lockwood and yet he was winning them all despite his age compared to some of the men there.

Damon stood with his arms crossed, a blank expression on his face while Luna was rambling and commenting away. He didn't know whether she expected him to reply or whether she was talking to him at all, but he allowed his eyes to trail back to her every once in a while just to visually make sure she was still there when she paused for a second or ran out of things to say. After a while of this simple cycle Stefan came to join them and stood by Damon.

"You're lurking." Stefan accused his brother, who looked slightly offended at the comment. Stefan on the other hand looked smug at the clear offence radiating from his brother's body and mimicked his stance by crossing his arms over his chest. Luna noticed their poses and looked at how her hands found her waist. She quickly straightened out and copied the brothers, before listening into the conversation again. She noticed cheers erupt around them again as Tyler Lockwood won against another boy his age.

"He's a triple-letter varsity athlete. Of course he has strength. You're reaching." Stefan mocked Damon, who was still extremely suspicious of Mason Lockwood. Damon rolled his eyes and his expression turned sour as his eyes burned holes into the man's back.

"Enter the uncle." Luna was beginning to get bored of the conversation at hand and began walking towards the centre of the commotion where uncle and nephew prepared to wrestle and test their strength against one another. Damon momentarily forgot that no one else could see Luna Grove and was about to reach out to pull her back by his side or simply call her name to stop her from walking any closer to the Lockwoods, but stopped himself just in time and he simply pressed his lips into a thin line allowing the ghost girl to stalk off into the crowd.

Luna walked right up to the two men who were wrestling. She stood in between them and watched as Tyler struggled to beat his uncle and she watched as for the first time of that night his arm slammed on the wooden table in defeat and the crowd roared in amazement at Mason Lockwood's strength.

"Is that it?" Tyler's uncle mocked smiling from ear to ear like an excited puppy. Tyler on the other hand didn't seem as happy to have everyone watch him loose, but he reduced his sour reaction to a simple eye roll and continued to massage his sore elbow.

"Alright. He's the champ. Who wants to go next?" Tyler exclaimed clearly hoping someone would come and beat his uncle now so that his 5 minutes of glory were cut short.

"Hey, Stefan wants a go!" Damon shrugged but raised his voice loud enough for the Lockwoods to spot him. The brothers shared a look, one of disbelief and the other smugness. Stefan sighed but trailed towards the table, Damon shouting words of encouragement behind him. Tyler moved between the two, walking right into Luna making them both jump back from the sensation. Tyler shrugged it off as the air blowing in from outside and focused on Stefan and his uncle, hoping Stefan manages to beat the older Lockwood. He, unfortunately, didn't. Their hands stayed interlocked together for a few seconds before Mason managed to slam Stefan's against the table like he had his nephews a few minutes prior.