iii.

Damon Salvatore

Damon Salvatore wasn't in a fantastic mood. In fact, he was in a pretty awful mood. His biggest concern of the day was whether Bonnie Bennett really had unspelled Jonathan Gilbert's vampire killing device. He doubted it, but Elena trusted Bonnie. And he had no choice but to put his trust in Elena. He was sitting on the couch of the Salvatore home, drinking bourbon, when he heard a shuffling noise coming from his room. Damon narrowed his eyes, for as far as he was aware, he was the only one currently in his home.

He placed the half empty glass of alcohol down on the table and sped up the stairs to his room. He didn't care about discretion, he almost felt enraged at the fact someone had broken into his room unbeknownst to him. When he opened the door he saw a blonde girl spin on the heels of her feet to look at him. She looked quite literally dead in the man's opinion. Her hair was greasy and unbrushed, whilst dirt patches were visible on her pale skin. Her nails were chipped and her lips chapped. She looked like a zombie that had just risen from it's own grave. Her clothes were shredded and covered in mud like the kind you'd see on a corpse that had been ditched in the middle of nowhere. In other words, she looked like a walking cadaver.

Damon sped forward ready to attack and possibly kill said intruder, but he ended up running right through her and into his bedroom wall, hard enough to have a painting fall to the floor and shatter upon impact. The vampire furrowed his brows, utterly confused and also displeased by one of his paintings being ruined, as he turned around quickly to once again face the ghastly looking girl.

"What the hell?" He spat out, closing the distance between the two and standing almost chest to chest with the girl. She cranked her neck back to make eye contact with the man who would have possibly killed her if he had been able to just a few seconds before. "Who the hell are you?" He narrowed his eyes looking the girl up and down suspiciously.

"I'm Luna." She shrugged, walking back and dropping down onto his bed, Luna's head landing on one of Damon's pillows. Damon looked at her with very obvious disgust and annoyance, sure that she would spread the mud and dirt from herself onto his cleaned sheets. He was appalled by her insolence.

"And what are you, exactly?" He corrected himself, crossing his arms over his chest. She grabbed a book from his nightstand. It was one of Stefan's journals. Damon narrowed his eyes again, wearily eyeing the blonde as if she was going to do something to the journal. She didn't answer his question immediately which further annoyed Damon. He was about to open his mouth to rush her answer just when she had given it to him.

"Im dead." She answered him nonchalantly, like it was an everyday thing to talk about. The Salvatore's eyes widened, before he burst into laughter, clearly believing the words that left her mouth to be a joke. When she didn't laugh or even smile, Damon became serious. He groaned out in frustration at the fact he had yet another supernatural problem to deal with. He already had enough on his plate and he didn't know who this intruder was, but he was convinced she'd just bring him more problems.

"Why did you come to me, I don't even know you." He complained, turning to go back downstairs to his bourbon and hoping that she'd get the hint to leave him alone and pester someone else. Luna was quick to get up and follow in his footsteps.

"Well, for starters, you're the only person who can actually see or hear me. Someone from the other side told me i have to look for you and that you would be able to help. So... Now that I found you, you need to help me." Damon sat down on the couch with the glass of alcohol back in his hand. He scoffed, glancing at the blonde ghost before him. Her insolence continued to shock him with every sentence that flew out of her mouth.

"First of all, I don't need to do anything, sweetheart. But, do tell, if one were to help you, what would they help you with?" He was simply prying out of curiosity. There is no guarantee he would choose to do so, it depended on what he'd get out of it as well. Luna walked around the couch, sitting down on the opposite end.

"You're basically my guide. You'd help me come back to life." She was hopeful. Not only her tone showed it, but her eyes too. There was a little glint in her dead eyes that showed him that she had hope. And where there was hope there was also a way for Damon Salvatore to have fun ruining it.

"What would I get out of it?"

"Well, I can help you with whatever you want. It's basically like I owe my life to you... Literally. So, I guess I'd be indebted to you for as long as I live if you help me with this. I could be like your partner in crime." She explained, looking at her nails in slight disgust. They were cracked and had no colour to them. her cuticles were largely grown out and the skin on her hands slightly decaying. Damon was obviously thinking about it. On one hand, it would be good to have someone who'd be indebted to you for as long as they lived. But then, on the other hand, he had no idea how he could possibly bring back the girl to life.

"Fine. I'll help you. But first, I need to focus on another problem. You can help me with it. Something for something. Deal?" He finished off his drink, setting the glass down onto the table with a clank. Luna grinned happily, clapping her hands together. Damon had also broken out into a grin at the fact he'd basically been gifted a minion to do whatever he ordered to be done.

"Deal!"