iv.

"Where are we going?" Luna questioned, following after Damon

"Where are we going?" Luna questioned, following after Damon. After the Grove girl decided to explore the Salvatore home, Damon called her down not too long after, saying that they were going out. She had followed him out, not knowing what she would do if she got bored. It wasn't like she could just call one of her friends and ask them to hang out.

"It's founder's day. We're going to go and celebrate. Maybe taunt my little brother." Damon had his phone pressed up to his ear, making it look as if he were talking to someone through the device. Because if he were to just simply talk with her without the phone, it'd look as if he were just talking to himself. And if anyone were to take notice, they'd believe him to be insane. "Oh look, there he is. Now, I'm not going to answer you if you talk to me, so keep that in mind." The older Salvatore simply took his phone away from his ear and hid it in his pocket, before walking toward's Stefan Salvatore. The younger vampire looked taken aback by Damon's appearance.

"That's the brother? He's kinda cute." Luna hummed, taking in the appearance of Stefan. Damon made a face, before going back to the smirk as he began speaking to his brother.

"Look at you, all retro." Damon commented, standing beside his brother. Stefan was, in fact, dressed in a suit, as he looked around to make sure everyone was safe. The only real sign of danger being seeminly Damon Salvatore in his eyes.

"What are you doing here?" The vampire raised a brow. He was weary of Damon. Especially now, that he knows the plan he had going on for at least a century went up in flames. Simply because the love of his life was happy and not locked in the tomb. Away from Damon.

"Why wouldn't I be here?" The two brothers began walking together. Damon glanced at Luna to see if she was walking next to them, before averting his eyes back to his sibling. "Bonnie deactivated the Gilbert invention, Isobel's gone and it's founder's day." He listed down the reasons, though he wasn't quite sure about Bonnie. He knew she hated him and that she would take any and every chance to get rid of him.

"I'm here to eat cotton candy and steal your girl." He finished off with a teasing smirk. Stefan scoffed, though a small smile played on his lips. It wasn't a genuine smile. It was one of a subtle warning.

"Don't start with me, Damon." The threat was half-hearted. Stefan would never really hurt his brother, unless he deserved it. And even then, he wouldn't want to hurt him. They were family.

"Oh, you started it, Stefan, with that whole 'I'm insecure, leave Elena alone' speech. I'm just enjoying that." Luna found their little interaction amusing to say the least. The two brothers were both trying to be better than the other. They were both trying to get the same girl. And the love triangle was just a bit cliche in the girl's opinion. But what did she know, she was dead anyway.

"As long as you heard it." At that, just to try and push his buttons, Damon began acting as if he hadn't heard what Stefan said. They were testing each other's limits. "You have no sense of humour, Stefan." The raven haired man had sighed after his little brother made no sign to show he found the situation just as amusing.

"Actually, I just have no sense of Damon humour."

"Damon humour? Hey, look. I get it, I get it. I'm the better, hotter, superior choice-"

"That's funny, nice joke." Luna snorted, mumbling under her breath, making Damon pause for a second to glance at her and narrow his eyes. It didn't go unnoticed by Stefan, but he ignored it.

"And you're scared, now that Katherine's out of the picture that I'm gonna turn all my attention to Elena. But don't worry, Elena is not Katherine." Damon reassured him, clearly still finding joy from the situation at hand.

"You're right. She's not." Stefan nodded along, before Damon stared at something behind his brother. Stefan looked behind him and Luna followed his gaze, finding a pretty brunette in a dress from the eighteen hundreds. Luna knew the girl, in fact, she knew her more than well.

"Holy shit, how long have I been gone?" The dead girl muttered to herself, though no one actually heard her. Except for Damon, who was focused on Elena Gilbert, who now, more than ever, looked like Katherine Pierce. The woman who broke his heart. Luna glanced between the trio, before lowering her voice as if she were a narrator.

"And the plot thickens, as both brothers gaped at the woman who stole their hearts..."