{ Noon News || 0.1 }

•☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎•

        I stood tall, holding a kid's firetruck toy high above their head.  I waved the truck in the air, taunting the kid. They whined and begged for me to give it back, but I found their pleads and struggles amusing. They continuously tried to jump to reach the toy, but they were too short. A wide and sadistic grin spread across my face. The kid had now started to cry.

        Oh how I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was around the age of 8. That's when I first started gaining a love for seeing others struggle. However, when I reached my teenage years, it got worse. I stole things, threatened people, got into fights, broke hearts, and did so much more. I heavily regret all of it. Looking back at it now, I only did most of the things I did to get my parent's attention, seeing as they were always busy with something.

        I huffed, and held my knees close to my chest. I buried my face deep into my knees. My playlist from my phone blasted into my ears through my headphones. I was really enjoying myself a little while ago, just being able to lay down and listen to music. However, when my dreadful highschool memories started flooding back to me, it gave me the chills.

        I do remember one time I had stolen quite a few things from a big store. I don't remember which store, nor what items, but all I know is that they were expensive enough for the story to have ended up on the news. The store hadn't even gotten an image of me, nor any trace of me. The funniest part is that my robbery was messy. Those cops must have been awful at their job.

        I paused my music on my phone, as my stomach growled. I took my earbuds out, and tossed them back onto the bed. I stood up, and left my room. I entered my small apartment kitchen, and grabbed a pack of ramen out of a cabinet. I quickly got to work on making myself some ramen. I had turned the TV on at some point throughout this task, and was glued to the screen.

        "In the middle of Haybrooke Town, there's a new church. The owner is a cheery character, and she's here to answer some questions." The camera handler moved the camera from the reporter, over to the church's owner. At first glance, she was extremely pretty. She didn't quite look human, but none the less, she was gorgeous.

        I heard the microwave beep, so I rushed to get my ramen. It was nice and warm. I brought it over to the couch, and placed it on the coffee table in front of me. I returned back to watching the TV, while I slowly ate the ramen.

        "Hello! My name is Sarvente. As mentioned, I am the owner of the new church in Haybrooke." She held a wide bright smile, and it sent a calm feeling throughout my body. She held her hands together in front of her, near her chest, giving a greeting. It was a seemingly odd way of greeting people, but it didn't bother me.

        "Hello Sarvente. Our first question for you is: Why did you choose Haybrooke?" The reporter moved the microphone to Sarvente. She thought for a few seconds, and the TV was quiet. A few birds chirped in the background.

        "Well, I originally planned to choose a different location, with a different audience of people. However, once I saw this charming town, I knew it was even better than my original choice. I had also caught someone rumoring about the fact that the teenagers in this town were rebellious, and caused many problems. Maybe I could help them?" She furrowed her brows, and held a sheepish smile at the end of her sentence. With her words, I knew exactly what I had to do. I would go to the church, and ask to be rehabilitated. I regretted everything I did in the past, and didn't want the guilt of my actions to cause me anymore anxiety.

        "Next question. Do you have any big plans for the church?" The reporter once again moved the microphone to Sarv. Her sheepish expression changed to a content one, and she sat in silence once again. Probably thinking. I took this time to take a massive bite of my ramen. It was still hot, and I immediately regretted my action. Great. More things to regret.