{ Wonderful Work || 0.9 }

I am officially a freshman as I have published this. I've made some new friends as well, which I thought I'd never manage :,)

•☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎•

        By now, a few hours had passed. I didn't have an exact answer as to how many, all I knew is that it wasn't long enough for my phone to be dead. I let out a sigh, dropping my arm off the side of the bed. My phone dangled between my fingers, struggling to escape my grasp. I sat up, straightening my posture. Bringing my arm to my nightstand, I allowed my phone to slip from my grasp, meeting the nightstand's wooden surface.

        I leaned over the side of my bed, reaching for my phone charger. I leaned a little too far, and ended up slipping off the bed. I reached the ground with a thud, louder than I had anticipated it to be. I groaned, now lying on the ground sideways. I reached my arm out further, and grasped my charger. I pushed myself off of the ground, standing up.

        I swiftly plugged my phone in just as I heard the hinges on my door creak. I really needed to fix that. I turned my head around to see who it was. In the doorway was Ruv, he had a firm grasp on the doorknob, and a confused expression on his face.

        "What happened in here?" He questioned. He walked forward into my room, his arm slowly letting go of the handle behind him. I turned the rest of my body towards the man, and watched as he peered down at me.

        "I simply slipped off the bed. Nothing too serious." I responded with a shrug. After I shrugged, I started to feel small pricks of pain in the arm I landed on. I let out a quiet hiss from behind my clenched jaw, and looked down at my arm. A small rug burn was placed in the center of my fore-arm. I sighed, and looked back up at Ruv.

        "You're right. Nothing serious." He cooed. We stood looking at each other for a moment, the air becoming more tense as each second passed. I eventually broke the growing tension between us and slipped out of my room. I claimed I was going to go treat my small wound.

        I took a turn into the hallway, and dashed for the bathroom. I recall that to treat a rug burn was extremely simple and easy. The first step was to run the burn under cold water. Since I hadn't showered in a little while, I figured now would be the time to. I walked back into the hallway, and opened a closet right next to the bathroom. I hastily grabbed a towel and tossed it into the bathroom.

        I made my way back to my bedroom to search for a change of clothing for after I showered. As soon as I entered my room, I saw the gift Sarv gave me a day ago, with a sticky note now placed on top of it. I cautiously approached the gift, and read the sticky note to myself. 'Put these on for today -Sarv'.

        I assumed Ruv delivered the simple note to the gift because I had ordered her to stay in bed. I was certain that the bag contained clothing, but I wasn't sure of what kind. Was it some pajamas? Maybe some extra clothes? Potentially some sort of uniform for the church? No matter what it was, I brought the bag to the bathroom.

        I entered the bathroom once more, and dropped the bag of clothing into the sink. I shut the door behind me, and locked it. I wasn't going to have someone entering the bathroom any time soon. I refused to let myself fall victim to a stereotypical showering incident. I distracted myself by turning the shower on, specifically to the cold side.

        I carefully undressed, and stepped in without hesitation. As soon as I entered, the cold water hit my side, sending shivers down my spine. I clenched my teeth, and submerged the rest of my body into the freezing water. Within moments, my body got used to the bitter cold and eventually found it comforting. I allowed myself to sit under the water for a while longer, making sure I was comfortable and used to the liquid pouring out of the shower top.