Chapter 8

Kara blinked her eyes gently as she folded her hands in her lap waiting for Diana to explain. The elder was silent for a long time as she gazed down at her daughter with fond eyes. She took a deep breath not taking her eyes away from her daughter. “Lena is mine, she is the greatest thing to come from a very troubled situation.” She paused bringing her daughters hand to her lips. “Lillian and I were best friends, for a very long time. Since we were very young, we had trained together, grew together, we were inseparable. There was always more there between us, but we never really had a chance to be together. We trained everyday, every night making sure we were the best, and we were the best top in our class the strongest, the smartest.” Diana laughed softly her eyes saddening.

“Lillian was promised to someone else, one of our fellow classmates, we found out after our final warrior trials. Lionel was a good man, but Lillian was too good for him. Their families had feuded for so many years and they wanted a truce even though the two were not bond mates. So, they paired them off together as if to bring the families as one. Lillian was seventeen, and Lionel was nineteen when they married and soon after came Lex. It just smoothed everything over, and for a while our friendship was strained to almost non-existent. I was jealous and hurt because I had always loved Lillian and she could never return those feelings, and then she conceived a son. I went into a rage, I trained harder, burying myself in drills, in fighting, trying to disconnect myself from the pain I was feeling. I was not a happy person during that time let me tell you.” She sighed softly running her fingers through her hair.

“Years passed, and I climbed through the ranks while Lillian was busy being a mother. Lex had grown into a strong, talented young man, he had begun his warrior trials following in his parent’s footsteps. He was good, cunning, of course he got it from his mother but, I was hard on him I put him through hell and back just in spite. One night I was in the arena training as usual when Lillian came to see me. We hadn’t spoken in years… She still looked beyond beautiful, because as you know after a certain point in an angel’s life they no longer age…” Kara nodded softly she approached that point in her life span, so she was well aware. Diana stared off for a moment as she recalled the memory.

Lillian was in a simple white dress when she walked into the battle arena, her hands were clasped in front of her. She made her way up to where Diana had been training, the General had her sword clutched tightly within her palm as she swung it at one of the wooden dummies. Lillian stood behind her staying silent for a moment. The raven-haired woman could feel her friend behind her, and it send a prickle up her spine. Anger spiked within her and she swung her sword and it connected with the neck of the wood dummy taking it clean off it’s shoulders. She was out of breath, her shoulders tight, along with the rest of her body.

“Always so angry…” Lillian finally spoke tilting her head to the side.

Diana turned her blue eyes to the woman, they burned with an uncomfortable amount of intensity, but Lillian wasn’t fazed by it. “I am not angry, I am training.” She sheathed her sword crossing her arms over her chest. “What do I owe the honour.” Diana’s heart swelled at the site of the blonde, she was so beautiful.

Lillian sighed exasperated. “You cannot keep pushing Lex so hard, he has done everything you ask, and you still do not approve.” Diana shrugged softly, unfazed.

“He is not meeting his protentional, simple as that.” The warrior walked off heading towards the changing area beginning to peel out of her armour.

“This is not about his potential Diana and you know it!” Diana waved her off as she pulled her the rest of her armour off standing naked in front of Lillian. The blonde woman griped her hands in front of her as she stifled herself from biting her lip. She had always cared for Diana, there was always an unspoken love there but, Lillian had to fulfil her families wishes and marry Lionel. There was nothing she could have done about it, no matter how much her body called for the beautiful raven-haired woman. The blonde woman’s eyes lingered far to long on the warriors very thick, very long member. She shook her head as Diana pulled a pair of slacks on and a simple tank top.