The Expected And Unexpected

"Please pinch me, kill me honestly just do anything and prove to me that this is all real

"Please pinch me, kill me honestly just do anything and prove to me that this is all real."

Wind thrashed and slapped the faces of two young girls. Momentum was increasing. Gravity was acting up. Y/n's eyes shot open. Panic struck her and she started screaming, awakening her brunette friend from her deep sleep. "What in the hell is happening!" Y/n shouted, closing her eyes once more. "Where are we and why the fuck are we falling?!" she was close to tearing up now, as was Azra when realisation hit her.

"What the fuck! How are we going to land safely?!" Azra's arms were thrashing aggressively beside her figure. "We're gonna die aren't we?!" her panic rose.

"No no, it's fine. We'll find a way." the h/c girl tried to assure both her friend and herself. She looked down only to find that they were going to crash on the ground in a matter of three seconds. "Oh shit." Y/n shut her eyes like her life depended on it, causing Azra to reach out and hold Y/n's hand with all the strength she had, as though hoping it was going to stop them from getting hurt.

"Arresto momentum!"

The girls eyes shot open at the sudden echo of a deep voice. Shock painted their faces when they landed safely on the hard ground but their shock multiplied when their eyes landed on their saviour. However, that shock turned into pure joy and confusion. There in front of them stood a tall, white-bearded man wearing a long cloak. 'Dumbledore!' the two thought simultaneously.

"Well, I must say this was definitely not how I imagined we would meet Miss L/n, though I must admit I am quite pleased with how accurate my prediction of your arrival has come to be." Dumbledore gave the h/c haired girl a small welcoming smile, who in return sat in shock and utter confusion. "Oh? And who might you be?" he directed his attention to Azra, who was still unable to process what was happening.

"U-uh um, I'm Azra. Azra Adeel." Dumbledore's welcoming smile eased Azra's nerves, calming her down to an extent.

Dumbledore was about to say something to the girls when one interrupted, "Um- well...you said that you expected our - I mean my arrival. How come? I don't understand how it's even possible that the two of us got here. Or why we are here. Or why it's only me that you expected. Actually, how do you even know who I am? And-" the girl kept rambling until the man in front of them took it upon himself to interrupt her back.

"Please do calm down Miss L/n. I will answer whatever questions you and your friend may have, however in return I will need to ask you some questions in order to answer your questions more accurately, or at least I will try to." the kind man assured them. "Now if you could please stand up and follow me?"

Azra and Y/n realised that they hadn't gotten up after their fall and slowly stood up, embarrassed about how pathetic they must have looked just cluelessly stitting on the ground. The two girls' eyes locked and started to quietly giggle at their current situation. They looked back at Dumbledore had started walking off and quickly starded to follow along. Y/n, followed by Azra, commenced to look around to get accustomed to her surroundings. They were in a large, dark hallway with some light being illuminated from Dumbledore's wand. Almost everywhere they went, they could see framed paintings that looked to be asleep.