Newborn Hatred

"None of your goddamn business

"None of your goddamn business. Now, would you sod off?"

It was the morning of September the first, the day to depart to Hogwarts. Y/n woke up with ease, surprisingly energised despite having slept late, busy discussing planned pranks with Fred and George. She had found that her confidence increases when around the abnoxious twins. Discussing future pranks and even just imagining being apart of their schemes in the upcoming year elevated her. It gave her a sense of comfort, surprisingly, and belonging.

Before ending up in the wizarding world, in her old life, Y/n was not one to break the rules. She was too afraid of standing out, the stares, the rumours and the disappointment and annoyance that her parents and teachers would feel. As much as she loved to break a few, rebel a little and try out the chaotic life, she never did. She never could. What was stopping her? The fear of being gudged — no, just fear in itself. Y/n L/n was afraid of many things, big and small. Multiple times in her life, she had tried to rid of the fears that were stopping her from reaching her goals and living the life she had so dreamed of living but, no matter what, those fears always stopped her. They were barriers, forcefully built in to stop her from moving any further in life.

Hearing the ginger twins offer to let her participate in their pranks along side them made her believe she could finally change — finally get out of her comfort zone and get rid of the fears holding her back, thus why she immediately accepted with every fibre of her being.

With bubbling excitement, she got dressed into a white square-neck dress with puffed sleeves, reaching her mid-thighs. With that, she wore a thin, brown jacket and black, leather combat boots, along with a few silver rings to top it all off. She contemplated whether to let her hair flow freely but decieded against it, styling it into a ponytail. When she deemed herself ready, she left her room, struggling with her heavy luggage. Only a minute later, she heard Ron's complaints and looked up to find him standing beside Harry, looking annoyed.

"The sooner we get on the train, the better," said Ron. "At least I can get away from Percy at Hogwarts. Now he's accusing me of dripping tea on his photo of Penelope Clearwater. You know," Ron grimaced, "his girlfriend. She's hidden her face under the frame because her nose has gone all blotchy."

At hearing the last bit, Y/n rolled her eyes as she approached them. Harry listened to Ron's rant healf-heartedly, seeming urged to say something.

"I've got something to tell you," Harry began, only to stop himself when he say Y/n. Ron looked to where Harry had only to jump in fright.

"Bloody hell, woman! When did you get here?" Ron said, bringing his hand to his chest.

"Um, probably like Six seconds ago?" replied Y/n, looking up for a second to indicate she was trying to give him an accurate number. "Anyways, sorry for interrupting," she averted her gaze to Harry and continued, "you looked like you were trying to say something earlier." Y/n smiled sheepishly.