Common Rooms And Tea Readings

"Ew! We basically just drank shit juice!"

After a short speech was given about the Dementors guarding the school by none other than Dumbledore, Lupin was introduced as the new Defence Against the Dark Arts professor, which Snape seemed to grimace at, glaring holes through Lupin's head.

There was some scattered, rather unenthusiastic, applause. Only those who had been in the compartment on the train with Professor Lupin clapped hard, Y/n and Azra among them. Professor Lupin looked quite shabby next to all the other teachers in their best robes. Y/n felt quite bad for him, seeing as he was being judged based on his income rather than who he is as a person.

"Oh, shit! Look at how mad Professor Snape looks," a boy beside Y/n snickered quietly.

Y/n looked to her left and saw a boy with brown hair and blue eyes.

"L/n, right? Or are you the other one, uh...Adeel, was it?" he asked, looking slightly further down to meet her eyes due to the hight difference.

"You got it right the first time," Y/n replied, just as Dumbledore introduced Hagrid as the new Care of Magical Creatures professor. She made sure to clap, knowing not many were happy with this news.

"Well, it's lovely meeting you L/n," said the boy, giving her a cocky smirk. "The name's Theodore Nott, but call me Theo, love," he said, ending it with a wink.

From beside Y/n, Daphne turned towards them, rolled her eyes and said, "are you physically unable to have a normal conversation with a female without flirting?"

Y/n chuckled as Daphne locked her arms with Y/n's.

"And for your information, Y/n here is too pretty for you, so you might as well give up with the flirting," Daphne added, huffing.

"Oh shut up, just because you can't flirt for shit," Theo rolled his eyes and turned to look at Y/n again, "anyways, seeing as we are friends now, I'm calling you n/n."

"Uh, okay?" Y/n replied nervously, giving him a crooked smile.

"Look, you just wierded her out. Idiot!" Daphne has an amused look on her face at the annoyed look Theodore sent her.

Some people, from their table and Gryffindor's, started staring wierdly at the two bickering students. Y/n began to shift awkwardly in her seat.

"Yeah? Well she's going to have to get used to it if we've become friends. And stop acting like you aren't worse!" Theo kicked Daphne's leg lightly, accidentally hitting Y/n's too.

Before they could start fighting, Y/n whispered, "uh, maybe you can continue this after Dumbledore stops talking? I doubt either of you want to get into trouble on the first day back." She gave them a sheepish smile, which they returned with a nod and smiles of their own.