Smokin' In The Boys Room | Part II

𝐒𝐦𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧' 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐲𝐬 𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐦 | 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈

𝐓𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟔

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐃 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐖𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐒 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇. Sarah had practically demanded that I meet her at the front entrance of school that morning so that we could walk in together.

She was excited to give me a formal tour of the school and introduce me to her bizarre world of academia and extra curricular activities I would need for College.

'Okay so, over there is the school councillors office, Miss Kelly. You're pretty much free to walk in at any time if you're having any issues but outside of a free period you're gonna need a hall pass.'  She pointed to a room across the way from us, which was pretty much a blur due to the speed Sarah was walking.
'Over there is Mrs Click's class. She's pretty much the head of history so if you need any extra guidance on assignments or exams that's where you'll find her. OH and'-

'Sarah' I called out exhaustedly before lightly grabbing her arm enamoured with yet another light blue acrylic cardigan to stop her in her tracks. 'I'm not going to remember any of this at the pace you're going' I chuckled.

'We're on a time crunch, Kathryn. I can't have you walking aimlessly around the school missing periods because you can't find your way. Exams are coming up, college admissions, and you haven't even signed up for any extra curricular yet which is pure insanity!' She cried out waving her hands around as she spoke maniacally and shaking her head as if she was trying to wrap her mind around if all.

I stared at her in response to this with a deadpan expression on my face.

'Okay I'm being dramatic, I get that. I'm sorry' she looked down at the floor awkwardly, her perfect blonde curls falling in front of her face.

'Let's just take it one step at a time, okay. Look - We've got science class in 5 minutes, why don't we put this'- I started, gesturing to Sarah's unhinged behaviour. 'On the back burner for now and you can shove whatever educational resources you have filed in your mind down my throat at lunch. Deal?' I smirked at her, waiting for a response.

She inched her eyes up at me and let out a soft laugh. 'Deal'.

                                       ***

Science had always been one of my favourite subjects growing up. I liked the idea of endless wonder and not knowing what was beyond what we knew. Although I can't say that once I found out it served me well.

My parents had never been the type of people to peddle religion in our household, they wanted me to explore options and make up my own mind, having come from extremely religious families themselves they didn't want to force that onto me which I appreciated. I wanted to know everything, and discover everything.

That level of intrigue would later expose me to things I wasn't in any way prepared for. There were things in this world that no scientist, psychologist, or theologist that we were made aware of had ever uncovered.

'Okay class!' Mr Henry called out, seated at his desk. He was a polite older gentleman with a friendly face. Classic science teacher wardrobe that consisted of a shirt buttoned all the way to the neck, a perfectly precise tie with an array of colours and a wool vest.

Grandpa vibes to summarise it.

'Let's get started on our focal points for this semester, all that I will be teaching you will come up in your final exams so I urge you to pay close attention.' He stood up from his desk to stand by the blackboard, picking up a piece of chalk to write before the door of the classroom swung open abruptly.