Cloudbusting | Part V

𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 | 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐕

𝐖𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐄, exiting the main streets of East Hawkins before we were practically in the middle of nowhere past Trestle and Sycamore before we came to a junkyard that yielded old abandoned cars.

We hadn't really spoken since I got in his van and there was a small portion of me that was incredibly worried he was driving me out to the middle of nowhere to kill me.

'Alright' he cheered, slamming his hands on the wheel before turning the key to switch the engine off.
'Let's do this'. He unbuckled his seatbelt before swinging the driver side door open and hopping down onto the ground, slamming it shut behind him. I moved at a significantly slower rate with a far less excitable demeanour, following in his actions.

'Luckily for you I already pre-rolled before heading out here so what's yours can stay yours for your creepy shrub smoke ups' he smirked, pulling a perfectly rolled joint from the breast pocket of his denim vest.

He hopped up onto the hood of the van before popping the joint into the corner of his mouth. I attempted to haul myself up using both hands before slipping and staggering backwards.

'This isn't designed for people of my height' I chuckled to myself, mostly embarrassed.

'Oh sorry, I should have thought about that. Here' he muffled, offering me his hand to haul me up onto the hood himself as I practically flew upwards before seating myself beside him with a thud of the metal beneath me.

'Ladies first' he said, holding the joint upright between his thumb and index finger. I took this from him languidly, reaching into my own jean pocket for my own chrome, flickable Zippo lighter.

I placed it between my lips as I flicked the lid of the lighter, holding the wavering flame against the twisted end of the joint. I held it there for a second, watching the flame burn away at the paper down the bridge of my nose. I took a long drag and immediately choked.

Eddie laughed slapping his hand on his knee as I spluttered, waving the smoke away from my face as I held the joint away from me.

'Different to what you had at home I take it?' He asked through laughs, reaching over to take it from between my fingers before taking a drag himself.

'That's strong.' I choked out, my voice strained and my eyes watering.

'It grows on you don't worry' his voice strained as he held in the smoke before breathing it out into a cloud above us.

'So I know you're not like, a girl of many words it seems. But I talk far too much for my own good so sorry if I ask you far too many questions about yourself. It's my one annoying stoner habit' he smiled, brushing his shoulder against mine as he passed it back to me.

'There's honestly not much to tell' I shrugged, taking another drag and this time trying my best not to choke.

'An enigma' he chuckled. 'Yknow most people steer clear of me. I've never exactly been one to have girls follow me out into the woods. That's normally reserved for the basketball team' he smirked, I felt his eyes bore into me as he watched me breathe the smoke out.

'Nice!' He cheered, referring to me being able to take a hit without coughing maniacally.

'Well, you're not exactly what I thought you'd be like. From what I've heard' I retorted, looking up at him. Even sitting down he had a significant amount of height over me.

I quickly realised what I said as Eddie wasn't quick to respond.

'Not that I've heard anything bad!' I tried to save it but I watched him shake his head to himself as he let out a soft chuckle.