Chapter 6: Gone

TRIGGER WARNING: CONTAINS BLOOD AND TORTURE

Newt awoke to the drumming of his brain, threatening to break free from the walls of his skull (he got a migraine). Memories came flooding back to him as he tried to remember how he got here. Where exactly was here? A cold, dim cell, most likely in the basement, sitting on the hard cement. There was very little light but he could see thick chains around his wrist binding him to the ground. There were heavy footsteps, then he saw a figure before the metal hinges on the door creaked. He looked up in the dim light and felt sadness and disgust. What was saddening was that he wasn't surprised.

"Hello, Frank." Newt almost growled. The man scowled, staying silent. Suddenly, a maniacal laugh tore from the man's throat, still keeping eye contact with his son. Frank walked toward him, menacingly. He unlocked the chains holding him to the wall. Newt got a horrible feeling in the pit of his stomach as he was being dragged through the hallways of Nurmengard Castle. This was going to hurt. A lot.

When Hazel Scamander regained consciousness the house was in a state of pure disarray. Some wizards were casting water charms on some burning decorations, some furniture was burned, and the people. Gosh, the people. They looked like they had just been through a hurricane. Shortly after Newt was kidnapped, Grindelwald (Johnny Depp is still the true Grindelwald in my mind) and his forces retreated but the house was still a mess and so were all the guests. Tina felt like her world was burning down in front of her. Jacob looked pissed off and distraught. Queenie was pale because reading the thoughts of everyone there was draining. Dumbledore and Aurelius both looked extremely worried. His former student was now in the hands of one of the darkest wizards in the history of the wizarding world. And Theseus. Queenie looked at him with sympathy. The only thought running through his mind was he's gone. Hazel, still not knowing what happened, walked over to Tina and her son. Tina's eyes were red(mayne) and puffy. Hazel, in concern of the woman she thought of as her own daughter, asked what happened.

Theseus looked up, eyes blood-red, "He's gone. He's been taken by Grindelwald and his forces. Newt's gone." His voice was raw, full of emotion, as he looked his mother dead in the eyes. Thinking the words were jumbled up from the concussion and blood flowing freely from her head, she asked again. "Newt's been taken." Theseus choked out.

Tina lunged forward as Mrs. Scamander's legs gave out, though she could barely stand on her own. Poor Queenie looked like she was about to puke from all the negative thoughts so she walked over to comfort her husband, who was also crying.

"Oh, honey, it's not your fault. None of us knew this would happen. You tried your best, knowing only a few spells." Jacob just looked at her and gave her a small smile. Queenie couldn't believe she actually joined that monster. Albus and Nagini were checking on an out-of-it Aurelius, who just stared at her. Hoping this would bring him back, she kissed him on the cheek. It seemed to work because he jumped at the sudden contact before remembering where he was and who he was with.

"O-oh, sorry, did you say something." The young Dumbledore asked. "I was just asking if you were okay." Nagini questioned. Albus stood up from his seat next to the fire and walked over to the distraught family.

"I know a tracking spell that could help. But it will take time to get the supplies and prepare it. At least a week." Albus offered. "Oh, and I need a boot," he added. Hazel held back a sob as Theseus kept her from falling and Lally kept him from falling. She couldn't bear the thought of her youngest son being in the hands of that monster for a week. That thought was enough for any mother to weep.

Newt screamed and the cool metal of the blade carved into his skin. Frank just laughed. Newt's blood would have boiled if it wasn't flowing out of him. His arms were chained above him as Frank continued. Suddenly, he walked in. Newt had never been a hateful person. Yes, he got angry, frustrated, or irritated sometimes, but never pure, hot rage. Newt glared at him darkly.

"What do you want with me?" His words guttural. Grindelwald chuckled darkly as he stalked over to Newt, bending down to be eye-level with him.

"I want revenge. You ruined me. You foiled my plans and now you're going to pay, like I did." Newt gulped but that was quickly followed by a scream as Gellert plunged the knife into Newt's side and arms, carving words like monster and freak. Those were the biggest. Right in the middle of his chest. The Hufflepuff was defenseless, still chained to the wall, from the dark wizard's attacks.

After hours of cutting, kicking, and cursing, the torture session was finally over. Grindelwald's followers picked him up and dragged him back to his cell, throwing him to the ground, breaking a few ribs in the process. He heard a metal tray of food being slid under the door, metal scraping against stone. Everything was cold and dark. Shirtless and bleeding, Newt just laid his head on the ground and sobbed. Every time he thought he could recover from his wounds, his father came and opened them back up. He had to face it: he was broken and he wasn't meant to be fixed.

"What do you mean you don't have any boot portkeys left! I just saw them back there you bloody moron!" Tina winced as Theseus yelled at the poor assistant. He had been in protective brother mode since Newt was taken.

"They're all busy, they won't be available until Friday." A 19-year-old girl with blond hair squeaked out as she tried to avoid making eye contact with the head auror. The way the girl acted reminded him so much of Newt it made him want to cry again. Tina placed a hand on his shoulder, noticing the sharp flinch he gave. Theseus sighed and ran a hand down his face. The girl, whose desk read Millie, sighed, looked down at her clipboard, looked around to see if anyone else was listening. "I might have an opening early Wednesday morning. But you will have to be swift." There was a spark of hope in her future brother-in-law's eyes. He quickly thanked the girl, apologized, and wished her a good day. The pair walked out of the travel department of the Ministry and apparated home.

"It could be worse," Nagini started, trying to ease the tension they all felt. "That way he's only in Grindelwald's grasp for a week and a half, not two." Jacob ran a hand through his hair and Albus and Aurelius were sitting on the couch. Hazel looked down and tried not to think about what the dark wizard was doing to her son at the moment.

"Right, I have work to do." Dumbledore announced before standing up and entering the kitchen. There was one thing that was right, they had work to do.

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG, I HAD GRADUATION AND A FAMILY REUNION. THIS WAS A HARD CHAPTER FOR ME TO WRITE, I'M NOT GOOD AT WRITING SCENES LIKE THIS. SORRY IF IT'S NOT GOOD! THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ALL THE READS, I'M SHOCKED AT HOW MANY READS THIS STORY HAS!