Chapter 9: Father of The Year

Newt almost choked on his sausage link as Theseus brought up the time their mother was pissed at them when they set off a firework spell in Newt's room. Tears were streaming down everyone's faces from laughing so hard. Newt, Theseus, Tina, Bunty, Credence, Nagini, his mother, Queenie, and Jacob sat on the floor or in chairs.

"Mother was furious," Newt chuckled at the memory.

"Remember that time where I taught you how to ice skate and you fell every time?" Theseus pouted at the memory, he didn't like being in the spotlight of embarrassment. Suddenly, Newt gasped.

"That's a great idea! We should all go ice skating soon. I can teach you all. I still have gifts for all of you." Newt was beaming, despite still being injured.

"How much longer do I have to stay in this bed anyway? I feel much better, thank you." The young Scamander proclaimed, gulping down some more water. He had forgotten how good it felt to have food and water. Queenie shot him a pointed look.

"At least two more days, mister." He groaned before sinking back into the pillows. He hated being taken care of, he hated being a burden (even though everyone else will tell him he's not, because he's not). Newt hated not being able to see his creatures, be with them.

"Don't worry, we'll bring your case to you, we just think you need some more time to rest." I forgot how bossy she could get. Queenie raised her eyebrow, before Newt attempted to hide under the covers, ignoring the weird look his brother gave him. Theseus checked his wrist watch and cringed before saying,

"I'm really sorry, Newt, but Tina and I really have to go to work. I don't feel comfortable leaving you here but I really have work I need to attend to." Newt tried not to look forlorn as Tina left the room to go change into her work clothes, his brother doing the same. Tina came back in a few moments later, wearing black slacks, and a cream-colored blouse. Theseus was wearing his normal suit and tie.

"I'll be home in a little while, I'll see you later." Theseus promised. He ruffled his little brother's hair before walking out of the room.

"Promise me you'll still be here when I get back." Tina asked.

"I promise."

"Good," was the last thing Tina said before planting a soft kiss on his cheek and exiting the room.

"It's okay, Newt, we'll play some games with you so you don't get bored." Jacob announced. The others nodded and Newt gave them a grateful smile.

OUTSIDE THE ROOM...

"You ready?" Theseus asked Tina. She winced a little at the thought of traveling through the Floo again. She took a breath and said she was ready. He held the bag out to her, they both grabbed a handful, and said, "Ministry of Magic" at the same time.

The fire didn't hurt, it just surprised her. She had only used it twice, including this time. Tina was just grateful the fire wasn't blue, she didn't know if she could handle a panic attack at the moment. Tina couldn't hold back the gasp of surprise as they entered a large room, underground. There was a bronze statue in the middle of the room, with multiple windows and offices. Tina couldn't help the amazement she felt. Theseus motioned for her to follow him until they found themselves taking the elevator down to the auror floor.

"Mr. Scamander, Miss Goldstein, so glad you could make it," another auror greeted. Tina, Theseus, and four other aurors sat around a round table, starting the meeting. Theseus cleared his throat.

"I'm assuming you want a full report on the defeat of Grindelwald. But I assure you one thing, he is not gone and he is certainly not defeated. He's been building in the shadows, gathering strength once more. His followers are just getting angrier, their attacks random and vicious. Two weeks ago, Grindelwald and his followers came to my home, attacked us, and kidnapped and tortured my baby brother. I want Grindelwald found, and I believe we caught someone who can help us figure out what he's planning." Theseus paused, trying to ignore the sickening flips his stomach was making when he said the name. Dang, Theseus, way to ease them into it. Very subtle.