VII

__________________________________________

Ordinary People
__________________________________________

~1002 Southern France ~
Long before the Mikaelsons arrived at the castle ruled by Count De Martel, Lucien and Madeleine Castle had been as close as anything.

Unfortunately they didn't have the best of situations. They were servants to the De Martel family. However they made best of what the world gave them, and stayed by one another's sides through everything.

Madeleine and Lucien had just finished their duties for the day, and decided they wanted to walk around the grounds.

"Do you ever feel like you're meant for more, brother?" Madeleine questioned with a sigh as they walked, arms intertwined.

"All the time, sister." Lucien looked at his sister meaningfully. He knew she wanted nothing more than to get away and explore the world.

"I wish the world wasn't so cruel. If it wasn't, we might've not been stuck here. We could've had a better life." Madeleine spoke passionately. This is something she constantly thought about. What if something had happened differently? Would they still be in the same situation they are now or would it be different?

"I know, Ada. But as long as we have each other we can get through anything the world throws at us." Lucien grabbed onto his sister's hand, squeezing it reassuringly. Madeleine sent a soft smile back to her brother. She was so grateful to have him by her side.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

A few days had passed since Madeleine had received the locket from Lucien. She didn't understand why he sent it. Or how he knew where she was and lived. She had been feeling that familiar feel of loneliness for the past few days, because even though Rebekah was by her side, it wasn't the same as having her brother by her side.

Even though the Castle siblings hadn't been quite as close as they were after the Mikaelson siblings arrived in 1002, they still were by each other's side, and they could easily go to one another if they needed. But, for obvious reasons, they hadn't seen or spoken in over 1000 years.

Rebekah hated seeing Madeleine's sad state. She sometimes regretted making Madeleine come with her when they fled, because she split the siblings apart.

Madeleine never regretted leaving with Rebekah. She wouldn't change a thing about the past 1000 years. She just wished she had kept contact with her brother.

Rebekah watched as Madeleine sat on the sofa, looking down at the drawing. She quickly thought up a plan on how to help the girl she loved. She went back into the bedroom and made sure Madeleine couldn't hear her, before calling her brother.