VIII

__________________________________________

Homecoming
__________________________________________

The next day, Rebekah and Madeleine woke up tangled together still on the sofa. They both groaned from the aches in their bodies from the uncomfortable position they was in all night long.

"I should probably call Nik, warn him about the Scooby gang waking Mikael." Rebekah mumbled reluctantly. She did not want to untangle from Madeleine.

"Mmm-hmm" Madeleine hummed, not making any move to allow Rebekah to get up.

Rebekah chuckled, "I can't get my phone with you laying on top of me, darling."

"But I'm comfy." Madeleine whined.  Rebekah laughed harder at her girlfriend's child-like behaviour.

"Come on, beautiful. I'll make it up to you with a milkshake." Rebekah urged the girl.

Madeleine groaned, "Fine." She rolled off the sofa, releasing Rebekah from her hold.

Rebekah grabbed her phone and immediately clicked on Klaus' contact.

"Hello Rebekah." Klaus spoke as soon as he answered the call.

"Niklaus. Mikael's awake." Rebekah revealed.

On the other side of the phone, Klaus paused where he was in shock and fear. "What did you say?"

"The Mystic Falls gang have awakened Mikael and they're going to use him to kill you." Rebekah rushed out. No matter how angry and annoyed she gets at her brother, she doesn't want to see him dead.

Klaus and Rebekah planned over the phone about what they were going to do about the situation.

"Mads! We're going to a high school homecoming!" Rebekah announced after she and Klaus ended their call.

A groan of annoyance followed in response from Madeleine, who was in the bedroom getting ready for the day.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"I don't see the reason why Niklaus is forcing us to go to this homecoming dance." Madeleine complained as she watched Rebekah look through dresses she could buy for this dance.

"He thinks we could be of help to him when Mikael comes." Rebekah rolls her eyes. She also didn't understand how her brother thought they would be able to help. "But you never know, my love, we could fun together."

Madeleine smiled softly at the blonde. She wasn't wrong. As long as they were both together, nothing would be as dreadful as they seem.

"So what about this one?" Rebekah held up a red, sleeveless dress. Madeleine immediately grimaced, she didn't think the dress was Rebekah's style at all.