2. "i'll pretend i didnt hear that"

Emilia walked with nothing but poise as she followed the large man in front of her.

Nothing but a few polite engagements made during the course of finding her room as she clutched her bags in her hand and allowed the harsh footsteps from the shined black boots the Admiral adorned to echo in her ears.

After a short walk across the many tarmac runways, the pair entered a large grey brick building with black painted doors and large windows marking each of the many floors.

The Admiral led her up the plethora of stairs until they reached a pale blue door on one of the higher floors, there he knocked on the door and hesitated.

"Who is it?" The two of you heard a soft voice call from within the room.

"Admiral Warlock" The large man called back.

Nothing was said until a girl with tanned skin and brown hair cascading down her shoulders pulled the door open.

She stood up straight in a similar way Emilia had just minutes before as she stood in front of the most important man in the naval aircraft industry.

"Yes Sir?" The girl questioned.

"This is Emilia Wright. She's your roommate whilst you stay here. I apologise but at this specific base we have limited female dormitories-" the man was shortly interrupted by a scoff from the girl beside him.

He turned, stumped but not surprised.

"I'll pretend i didn't hear that" he says and Emilia thanked whoever was above as she swore the noise escaped her mouth before she'd even had the chance to refrain it.

The girl holding the door open smirked at the other girl in front of her before returning her face to normal and facing the Admiral.

"Yes Sir" The Admiral nodded before promptly turning and walking away.

Emilia let's her eyes follow the man until he's gone.

"Few, i thought i'd be in trouble then" Emilia says to the girl in front of her in an attempt to break some ice.

"No way, you're British! That's awesome" The brunette girl says, "I'm Natasha Trace but you can call me Phoenix" she says sweetly, stepping out the way of the door so you can enter the room.

"Phoenix?" Emilia turns her head towards Natasha in confusion.

The brunette girl's mouth drops "you don't have nicknames in the regiments in England" she questions.

"Not really, our nicknames were our surnames." The Wright girl says.

"and i quite liked mine as even if i said something completely ludicrous regarding my teammates, they had to say i was right as they had to address my surname first" she continues with a little laugh.

"that's brilliant! I now know you have a good personality and we are going to be friends for life. i would take advantage of that name too for sure. we need to get you a nickname but i feel i should wait to name you until we find out why the hell we are actually here" Phoenix says.

"i think i can wait a little longer" Emilia laughs before the two girls begin unpacking their bags.

After half an hour flies by - the girls giggling constantly as they flood the spacious room with their clothes and belongings on their double bed and draws in their respective half of the room - a knock on the door startles them from getting to know each other.

"Gather in the bar downstairs - you all need to know of each other" a voice calls out from behind the door, the two girls look at each other before calling affirmatives at one of the Admirals in the base.

"uniforms to be worn, please ladies" the man says before walking away.

"damn, i was really excited to wear my underwear downstairs ugh!" Phoenix says and Emilia can't help but laugh.

"well, there's no time like the present."

-

Chapter two - bing bang bosh. we get to meet the boys next chapter, yay!

i love you <3