3. "Great balls o' fire"

The two girls hop out of Phoenix's car - Emilia's ruby red motorcycle still not having arrived yet.

"God it's cold" Emilia says as she hugs her arm around her waist, her hair blowing in the wind.

"if you aren't sticking to uniform anyway, you might as well wear a coat" Phoenix laughs.

"not sticking to uniform?" Emilia turns to look at her newfound friend in confusion.

"your hair, it's not tied up" she answers.

"some rules are made to me broken, so long as it's not in my eyes when i'm flying the plane - it shouldn't be anyones issue" Emilia answers, her flaming locks of ginger hair float around her head.

"i love your hair by the way, you'd be easy to pick out of a crowd - good in case you crash" the brunette girl says as they reach the door of the bar. Emilia laughs and agrees, hoping it would never come to that...

"It's so nice in here" Emilia says, raising her voice so Natasha can hear her over the non-sensical chatter of the buzzing bar.

She takes in the warm colours of the place and looks around to see lots of pilots in their own uniforms, some sporting more charms than others and some having special badges with their names on.

The actual bar in the middle glows yellow and the kind looking woman running it laughs in pure amusement at something her seemingly familiar customers have said.

"yeah it is, when i was going through the academy here before we all got moved on to different bases to do missions, this used to be the ultimate location to be. everyone used to come here. it was great" Phoenix says as she looks around the place.

"do you miss it, being in the academy?" The redhead questions the brunette, turning to look at her.

"i guess i miss some of the people but i prefer my missions now - they are much more enjoyable" she says and Emilia agrees with her.

"Do you miss England?" Phoenix asks.

"I haven't been here long enough yet, i suppose i will though"

"Hey boys, look who it is!" Phoenix seems to recognise this voice as her head immediately perks up.

"Hangman!" She calls across the bar pointing her arms cooly at the boy.

"come on" she says, grabbing Emilia's hand before she gets the chance to object.

The girls come to a stop once they reach the emerald green pool table.

"How've you been Phoenix?" the tanned, and very muscular blond boy smirks at Emilia's new best friend.

She observes as the brunette smiles coyly at the man,   the two old friends flowing into a somewhat flirty conversation as Emilia takes the opportunity to look around the other men gathered around the games table.

She nods at a few of the boys as they smile back at her, one boy in particular seeming very shy and avoiding her gaze.

Her movement must have distracted the blonde boy as all of a sudden, he turns to her.

"And who do we have here?" Hangman says to Emilia.

"I'm Emilia, it's nice to meet you, I suppose" the girl says nonchalantly, never really having time for boisterous men like this one, regardless of how shy she can get in social surroundings

"Ohh feisty redhead and English - lives up to the reputation 'i suppose'" The blonde mocks her. "I'm Hangman, but if we are on a first name basis already, call me Jake" He delivers with a wink.