11."Be safe!"

-

"Spitfire and Rooster to the meeting room as soon as you finish up in your planes. Overall good training session today, aviators. You're showing real promise" Maverick says over the group radio.

Emilia sighs as she pushes the lever to the centre and stops her plane in the designated place.

She takes her helmet off and runs a hand through her hair in disappointment.

She looks to Rooster plane and sees him pushing the protective roof up and jumping out the plane.

He nods at the mechanics now surrounding his plane before beginning the walk to Phoenix and Bob's F-18.

Emilia follows the man's actions and begins to pop the roof open.

She pushes it as best she can, her arms hurting from the impact of Maverick's plane crashing into both her and Rooster.

Eventually, the roof ascends over head head she pushes herself weakly out of the plane.

She steps onto the wing briefly before mustering up the strength to push her body over the edge and jump.

Her knees ache as she lands.

"Fuck" Emilia exclaims under her breath, tired from the intensity of the day.

Fanboy and Payback jump out their plane at the same time and see the girl struggling briefly.

"You okay, Spitfire?" Payback questions the girl, his voice filled with the usual level of maturity but more worry laced thick.

"I'm alright, just a bit shell shocked from the impact I guess" She responds, belittling her wounds slightly so as to not worry them more.

"Okay well, just pay a visit to the on-site physio at some point today please. They'll give you a massage and muscles therapy cream." Payback responds to the girl, Fanboy walking ahead to get change out of his flight suit. The rest of the aviators following closely behind him.

"You have a physio here?" Emilia questions with a surprised expression on her face.

"Yeah? I used to get banged up pretty badly when I first started in Top gun. I had the least experience before hand which led to me making the most mistakes. I guess you could say I would've made quite the friendship with the physio." The taller man says laughing.

Emilia laughs too, not sure whether to assume an innuendo or perhaps he really is that sweet.

"Okay well, I will. I'll take a visit later on - have to endure a meeting with Maverick and Rooster. I'm not excited given whatever their history is." Emilia says, her eyebrows furrowing and picking at her fingers again.

"You'll be fine. Only advice I can give you is that if it starts to heat up, stay out of it as much as possible. Whist I don't know much about Rooster and Maverick together, I know Rooster can be very stubborn when taking criticism." The older man advises the girl who nods in appreciation before bidding the man goodbye as they reach the double doors.

Emilia watches Payback turn left into the locker rooms as she places her helmet back on the rack and walks down the hall to the meeting room.

Maverick stands at the front staring at Rooster and as she walks closer she sees the latter sat on the third row to the front on the left side of the fake airplane seats.

"Emilia..." Maverick clears his throat, "thank you for joining us so promptly" He says scoldingly.

The girl draws in an inaudible, sharp breath, always being one to cry when being told off.