Chapter Fourteen - Heterochromia and Hair dye

"Why purple?" I asked Grey, opening a box of light purple hair dye.

"I dunno. I wanted to try a different color, I've had the white for a while now," Grey said as he watched me patiently.

"Your hair now is cool, the way the black fades into the white, but I think the purple will compliment your eyes much better. Especially this shade," I didn't get myself a pair of gloves because we weren't going to use bleach considering his hair was literally white. And I also liked having my hands dyed for a day or two.

"You really think so?"

I nodded in response. Grey probably had lots of things said about his eyes; his sparkling, two completely different shades of green, and puppy-like eyes. I doubt my comment was significant.

I hopped onto the sink counter and motioned for Grey to stand in front of me. It would be easier to make sure I covered his whole head from up here regardless of the height I already had on him. Grey skipped in front of me and stood in-between my legs. I carefully took out his miniature ponytail and ruffled his hair. It was damp and extremely soft for hair of this color. I would expect it to be much more damaged. I ran my fingers through it, either he brushed it beforehand or this boy just had perfect hair. This wasn't going to take much time.

"Having fun up there?" Grey had tilted his head back to look up at me, sly smile.

"I was just looking at your hair, look straight," I pushed his head back down.

I heard him laugh as I went to grab the dye, and when I turned back Grey was looking back up at me.

"Hi," He said. Just hi.

"Straight," Once more I pushed his head down. This kid was weird.

I wanna say an hour passed before we finished. It should've taken a lot shorter, but Grey insisted on giving me a whole biography on himself. I mean it was interesting and he did ask me questions ...but I wasn't too serious about them. Then there was the times we had to pause cause he was laughing at something I said, the one time I did circles around him to check out my handiwork, when I rinsed his head even though he said he could do it himself, and in the middle when he got his phone to show me what he was going for then we ended up getting off track and spent 20 minutes discussing hair.

Grey was now the one sitting on the counter as I styled his bangs, this kid's hair was fun to play with. I had learned a lot about him in this past little less than a hour. He had a pretty nice life. I couldn't imagine what it was like being normal.

"Can I see your eyes?" Grey asked as he swung his legs around me.

"No," I put my hand over his face and sprayed his hair with a conditioner.

"Are they like mine?" Grey stayed still.

"Nuh uh," I set the spray down and dug around for a mirror.

"Okie dokie," He let go of it surprisingly quick, it was nice.

I found a hand held mirror in a drawer under the sink and handed it to him, "This is for an up close look."

Grey didn't say anything as he checked out the job I did. Then the kid caught me off guard, hopped off the counter, and hugged me. A real hug.

"Your very talented," He let go. I saw the happiness in his eyes, if I could I probably would have smiled back.

"All I did was dye it, it wasn't that hard," I explained as I began to clean up. I didn't deserve praise for something so simple.

"Well I really appreciate it so thank you," I felt Grey watching me from behind.

"Anytime," There was something about Grey, something different. I couldn't think of it now but I'm sure I would. Just the way he's so nice and easily trusting doesn't sit right with me. Domino on the other hand was just crazy. Was this bonding?

I backed up and observed Grey. As I said before, the purple definitely complimented his eyes. He looked really nice. Of course though, I wasn't going to say that out loud.

(Just to give you an idea of what he looks like ⬇️ Minus the worried look)

Sorry this took like over a week, isn't procrastination fun 🥲 See ya next Chapter! 😁