Chapter Sixteen - Hallway Flirt

Sorry for such a wait on the story!! I've had recent personal issues but we're back!! And finally getting to the good stuff 😁 Next Chapter will be Grey's POV 👍👍

Currently I was standing in front of Domino's door with Grey. Apparently the cafeteria was filled with stands for clubs and activities to sign up for. I had never been much of a club person because it included working with people. One of my few weaknesses. I did tell the two I would check it out, so here I am.

Grey was excitedly fidgeting in front of me, his eyes darting everywhere. I was considering cutting him and Dom off of coffee. Uncontrollably, my eyes followed down his body and to that skirt of his. This was an often occurrence when he wasn't paying attention, I just found him so captivating. If I didn't make it too obvious with my body he wouldn't be able to tell I was staring at him, one of the benefits of my bangs.

Growing up my mother didn't teach me basic things like how to tie my shoes or ride a bike, let alone masculinity. I got most of my life lessons and knowledge from school and observing others. I had an older brother, that was the most manly influence I had in my life, but I wasn't allowed to be near him. I didn't really understand boys can't wear or do this and girls can't wear and do this until 6th grade when children began having opinions. I didn't grow up with a blue room, guns, dinosaurs, and "Daddy's Little Man" t-shirts. I grew up with whatever donation clothes my mother so generously gave me, anything I found in the basement or school, and any old hobbies my brother had. Like the guitar he played for a week, the paint set he pretended to like in front of our aunt, or the roller skates he threw under his bed after getting hurt. I had never seen a boy wearing a skirt until Grey. It put my childhood into a different perspective, one that hurt my brain.

I guess in my flashback I had zoned out because Grey was now rocking back and forth on his heels looking at me, "Hellooo, miiiisterrrrrr? You ok? I can't tell if your breathing or not."

Suddenly I snapped out of it and stood up straight, making me appear even taller. "Yes I'm breathing," I ran my fingers through my hair and turned the opposite direction.

There was an awkward silence for what felt like half an hour, I wished Dom would hurry. Then it was abruptly broken by both of us at the same time, with the coincidental same line: "I like your outfit."

Grey giggled, "Thank you, is that why you were staring?"

I wasn't used to talking to people, let alone complimenting them, and especially them complimenting me. I didn't know what to do, but I'm glad I lost my mask because I was getting really warm.

"I was not staring."

"It's okay, I don't mind," Grey gave a smug yet completely innocent smile.

I turned away once more and pulled on my bangs in frustration.

"WOO BOYS LET'S GOO," Domino flew out of her room, grabbed me by the arm and starting running down the hallway.

"Hey, what the hell! Get off!" I ran with her, but man this woman's grip.

"Why're we running? It's not like we're gonna be late!" Grey called right behind us.

"We're not running for time we're running cause I used the last of Cassie's special conditioner."

"Who's Cassie?" I questioned and eyed her long, silver, and smelling of mint hair. Focusing on the scent of mint made me light headed.

"One of my roommates, I got all three."

"I trade you for Knox," I would.

"That hottie? Any day." She slowed and turned around to smirk at me.

I rolled my eyes as we approached the cafeteria, Domino had no shame in calling almost everyone sexy. Including me.

😁😁