Lovers from the Past

It was a 'girl's day', as what Pieck liked to call it.

For a beauty brand ambassador with a steadily-increasing following and demand, Pieck had little problems when going outside and spending leisure time like a normal person. Isanna had told her of the possible nuisances that they could encounter while shopping at the city mall, but being the carefree woman Pieck was, she ultimately ignored her words of caution. "You're overreacting, I'm not that famous", she had said while waving a flippant hand. "Besides, we haven't gotten the chance to hang out ever since you arrived at the city!" she had then added, which resultingly led to a day of hauling shopping bags packed with clothing and branded bags and jewelry that on any other occasion, would have made Isanna's wallet cry.

"Are you sure you have the money for more?" Isanna couldn't help but worriedly ask as she lightly struggled with four fucking shopping bags; two on each hand. And the crazier part was that they weren't done yet. "God, Pieck—do you have ten bodies? Why did you sweep in everything?" Even Isanna only owned one shopping bag, and it wasn't even full!

Pieck was walking around down the aisle. They were in the department store, and she had expressed her need of buying a humidifier; one for each room in her house, she said.

"Oh, I didn't buy all those just for me," she nonchalantly replied, scrutinizing one particular humidifier that was cutely shaped into a white bear. This is cute. "I bought yours too."

Isanna almost lost her foothold. "You—what?" she sputtered, eyes widening. Some of these bags were practically worth more than her life. "Pieck, you know I can't accept this. I didn't become your friend so I could—"

"I know, I know," she cut her off and called for an employee to ask if they had more stock for the bear-shaped humidifier. After speaking with the male employee (who was blushing and couldn't even look at her properly in the eye), Pieck turned to give her her whole-hearted attention, hands on hip. "You don't like me spending money on you, but it's just this once. Think of it as my gift for your move," she finished with a wink.

Isanna had no choice but to accept it. Gratefully, of course. "Fine. Thank you."

"You're welcome!" Pieck chirped, grabbing her by the arm and tugging her along across the department store, eager to shop for whatever would catch her attention. Isanna had drilled it into Pieck's head that no matter how rich Pieck would become, she should never spend extravagantly on Isanna ("What a righteous woman—that's why I love you," Pieck had told her one time and even playfully made a move to kiss her, before Zeke came and pushed them apart), so on the rare occasions where Pieck could actually dote on her, she made sure to go all out. Isanna was a good friend, and spoiling her with gifts was an activity Pieck genuinely enjoyed.

She was just that fond of her. Ever since Zeke introduced them together in college, they had hit it off and became good friends in the blink of an eye. Their bond had only deepened after, when Pieck found out her boyfriend of six years was cheating on her and was left devastated, Isanna had stormed to the bastard's house with a kitchen knife in hand and threatened to lop off his dick and shove it down his throat (apparently, the poor man had peed through his underwear). The incident had come as surprising to both Pieck and Zeke, especially since Isanna was usually non-aggressive and overall gentle in nature.

Now that Pieck knew she used to be a Scout, the incident had probably triggered her inner soldier.

"Shouldn't we get groceries too?" she suggested when a thought occurred. "Last time I checked, your fridge was as dull as Porco's love life."

Isanna had to suppress a laugh at the comment. Porco Galliard was another friend of theirs; he was headstrong, a man never afraid to speak his mind and could get overly proud of his own capabilities sometimes. He was a pilot, so they rarely ever saw each other ever since but on the rare occasions he'd return to the country, they all would hold a get-together and catch up.