17~ Scarlet

Sorry I was gone for a month I had a writer's block. But I am back again :D

I would appreciate it if you guys vote and comment!

______________________________________
๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑
______________________________________

______________________________________๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑ ๑______________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________

The space was filled with void. I was standing alone with three flowers. There were just three—roses, to be precise. The other two were red, with one being white. I strained my eyes and finally saw a scarlet rope attached to the white blossom. It was connected to something.

What was it?

I moved cautiously in the direction of where the red thread was coming from.

"Y/n," someone said to me. No, they weren't calling. It was a signal to stop. So I came to a halt and looked at the source.

Why is he here, exactly?

"Megumi?" I advanced a step.

"Stop!" I flinched as he increased his voice.

"What?"

"Don't come near me!

"What are you saying?"

"Monster!"

A beat passed.

"Wha—"

"I despise you, Y/n. I've never really liked you."

Say something. Say something.

I was unable to speak. I didn't say a word. The tightness in my throat grew.

"We were simply connected by this, that's all." He held out a hand. His wrist was attached to the red rope that was linked to the white rose. He emphasised, "This is the only thing tying us together."

Why is this happening? Why couldn't I say anything?

"I'll cut this off right here!" His left hand held a knife. My eyes grew wide.

My feet naturally began to move in his direction. I'm not sure why, but the idea of him severing the thread made me cower in fear. I don't even know what the significance of the string is, but it felt familiar. It feels as though I've had it connected to me and him for all of our lives.

"Stop!"

I came to a complete halt, squeezing the flowers in my fist. My eyes were welling up with tears. I was still unable to speak. It was almost as though I was mute.

No, it seemed more like I was suffocating in the sea. No matter how loud I scream, nobody will ever hear me.

He drew his knife. As he cut the scarlet string, I watched him do it.