☁️| Chapter 1 |☁️

~Nadeera's POV~

The flight to my supposed homeland took much longer than I expected. It's my summer holiday and I was expecting to be on the beach relaxing under the sun, maybe get a suntan while at it, but I'm here on this stupid plane, going somewhere I have no reason to be at.

You're probably wondering what the hell am I talking about, well you see, I am the only child of my wonderful mother and as you may have guessed from my expression, I have no father, if my mum heard me say this she'd probably have my head but I really didn't care. My dad left my mum shortly after I was born, we were doing so fine without him up until a week ago when my mum got a call that he died.

Tragic right?, Not that I cared, but for some reason my mum found it important that we come to Nigeria for his funeral, and the only thing that went through my head was,

"WHY TF ARE WE GOING ALL THE WAY TO NIGERIA JUST TO SAY GOODBYE TO SOMEONE THAT DIDN'T EVEN CARE ABOUT US WHEN HE WAS ALIVE?"

But as you may have realized as I am currently on a plane to Nigeria, my mum wasn't having any of that, I guess she still loved him even after everything.

My mum is a good example as to why I would never shackle myself in a toxic relationship.

Finally, we landed in Abuja, Nigeria. Taking a deep breath as we stepped out of the airport, I knew right there and then I was in for a long ride. While I was daydreaming about what my life would be like in this country, I noticed my mum glancing at me, and I turned away from her, I really didn't want to talk to her.

"Come on, you aren't still mad, right?"

I ignored her, and heard her sigh.

"Stop moping already"

I ignored her again.

She sighed and said,"Look, one day, you were still going to come back here, so what difference does it make?"

Does she really want to know what the difference is?
"The difference is that the only reason why we're here is because of that man and not because we're on some kind of vacation and you don't seem to see what the problem is."
I said, in my head obviously, because I wasn't talking to her and also because I didn't want a brain resetting slap from her in public.

I heard her sigh again.
"The car is here, let's go."

I felt like I was being watched while walking to the car and as I was getting in, I locked eyes with a rather handsome fellow, and when I say handsome, I mean handsome, he was totally out of this world, not me thinking I wasn't going to find anyone attractive here but then I see this gorgeous being.
He smiled at me, and I could have sworn that I died and came back, because that smile was deadly, how dare he go around flashing that drop-dead gorgeous brain-mushing smile, I could be exaggerating but that smile definitely made my day, I could already feel myself blushing.

Before I could even do anything, my absolutely wonderful mother decided it would be a nice idea to wave at this guy, "why?", You might ask, I have absolutely no idea, and then the next thing happened so fast, from me glaring at her to her opening her mouth and literally screaming at the top of her lungs to this sexy looking stranger,

"SHE'S VERY PRETTY, ABI?"

I looked at my mum with wide eyes and screamed,
"MUM!"

I wished for the ground to open up and swallow me in that moment, people were legit staring at us and I just thought about what I could have done to deserve this amount of embarrassment, I actually wanted to cry, "Why can't I have a normal mother, for God's sake", I murmured while smh.