☁️|Chapter 3|☁️

~Nadeera's POV~

It's been exactly 2 weeks since I've been in Nigeria, and I've spent my time going from one place to another, exploring the city, going shopping, trying different restaurants, going for shoots here and there etc.

To be very honest, I think I like it here, apart from the minor sunburns, but I miss my friends back in the states, not that I have many, just two, but it just feels really lonely without my bestie Aria, forcing herself into my room and dragging me out to God knows where, in an attempt to make me enjoy my summer. Her not being here made me realise how much I actually looked forward to her wild antics.
She could literally wake up one morning and decide we should go bungee jumping or something even crazier.

My reminiscing got cut short by someone barging into my room, I think we all know who this was.

"Mum, knock, knock, please, my privacy."

She looked at me with a slightly pissed look, not saying anything, something was definitely wrong.

"What happened?," I asked with a concerned look.

She looked at me with an incredulous look, and began, "what happened, is that the funeral starts in exactly 3 hours, and you're here lying on your bed like you have absolutely no worries in the world," she said in a rather calm voice.
It was at that moment that I realised that she was all dressed in black, and then I suddenly remembered what today was.

"Oh, that was today?," I asked, while trying to sit up.

"Yes, it was today," she replied with a sarcastic tone.

She must have noticed my disinterest, she then sighed and sat at the side of my bed.

"Look, I understand how you feel about all this, and I totally get you, he may not have been around, but in the end, he is still your father."

"Okay, and?"

"And you need to respect that, we're just going to go today and-"

"-and then we're gonna go back home, right?," I said, cutting her off, looking at her expectantly.

"Yes, we're going to go back home," she replied in a whisper, and sighed

She suddenly jumped off the bed, leaving me a little bit shook, and ran towards my closet, obviously going to pick out an outfit for me.

"Oh no!", I screamed.
"Mum, no!," I screamed again, quickly running into my closet. I got to her and dragged her out of my closet, shaking my head.

"I just want to help you pick out an outfit," she said.

I looked at her with an incredulous look and said, "Thanks, but no thanks."

"But why?," She said with a confused look.

"I don't want to look like a modern day virgin Mary, thank you," I said sarcastically with a fake smile.

She looked at me with a shocked look and said, "Are you trying to say I have a bad fashion sense?"

I looked at her with a knowing look and she scoffed with a smile playing on her lips.

"You and I both know this mum."

"Okay, fine, fine, I've heard, whatever, pick whatever you want, but don't come running to me for fashion advice," she said while pouting.

"Never," I said almost bursting into laughter, whilst she sneered at me.

Then she rolled her eyes and left, and I immediately burst into a full blown laughter at her childish antics.

After taking a bath, I felt very refreshed.
I was in the middle of picking an outfit while clad in my robe, when I suddenly got a call from my second bestie, Devin.