☁️|Chapter 4|☁️

~Nadeera's POV~

Previously

"I'm so sorry for your loss," I said out of nowhere.

The one I identified as Dylan smiled and said,"It's fine, we kinda saw it coming."

I raised my brows at him confused with his reply.

Present

"I don't understand," I said, because I really didn't understand.

Nathan put me out of my misery and explained, "Ignore Dylan and his vague answers...," He gave Dylan the side eye, while the latter just shrugged, "...dad was sick, we don't know what caused it, but the doctor's already let us know we were going to lose him."

"Oh," was all the response I could give.

I suddenly remembered that I actually came to this place with somebody, and just as I was about to excuse myself, my mum showed up looking really pissed, I had never seen her like that before, this was a first.

She marched towards us with a deep frown aimed at Annie, and Annie just looked at her with a smile playing on her lips.

"What do you think you're doing?," My mum asked Annie when she got to us, glaring hard at her.

Annie smiled at her with the sweetest smile and said, "It's been so long Sharon, look at you, you're glowing."

I heard Nathan scoff and murmur something along the lines of, "Of course she's glowing, why wouldn't she?," Like he knew something we didn't.

My mum averted her gaze from Annie, looked and Nathan scornfully, daring him to repeat himself, and he just looked away.

Before anyone could say anything, my mum hissed and literally dragged me away, she suddenly stopped and turned, walking back to Annie, she got dangerously close to her, and said to her, with a very low voice, "Stay away from Nadeera, or God so help me," almost sounding like a threat.

Annie looked so calm, but you could notice Nathan and Dylan seething behind her. My mum pulled me away once more, and I glanced back at them, and saw Annie calming the two boys down.

We got to the car and my mum literally shoved me into the car, I was still in shock from all that had gone down when she got into the car and ordered the driver, Mr Kola, to drive, even the man shook from the intensity of her voice.

I was so surprised, cause I had never seen my mum that angry, ever, so, I had to ask, "What was that?, Do you know that woman?, Is everything okay?, Why are you so angry?," I bombarded her not letting her catch her breath.

I had the shock of my life afterwards, "NADEERA, STOP!, JUST SHUT UP!," she screamed at me. Surprised doesn't even describe what I was, shocked, flabbergasted, shook, put those words together, that was what I was.

"What did I ever do to you?," I murmured below my breath, after I finally caught myself.

After what seemed like eternity, she finally spoke, "What did you think you were doing?," She asked.

"I don't understand," I replied.

"What don't you understand?, You were there, talking and smiling with that bitch."

Did I mention my mum never used profanities when speaking to me?, Well she just did.

"I don't get it, I was talking to someone, what's so important about that."

You looked at me with an annoyed and disbelieving look, "You were talking to ANNIE FREAKING DAVIS!, Do you not understand what I'm saying?!"

"Well, maybe if you stopped screaming for a moment and actually told me what's wrong, then I would understand," I said, starting to get annoyed, cause I really didn't understand her, she didn't mention anything about dad having another family, and then she sees me talking to his wife and she gets mad, if anyone was to get mad, it should be me for crying out loud.