Our Two Little Saviors

I was woken up by Greg who said they heard the sound of BoCo's horn echoing in the distance. We quickly began preparing for the oncoming horde while others began packing everything and we soon saw him coming into view with a massive horde of zombies following. No sooner as he rounded the bend we were fighting them all off. It was fucking chaos. Gunshots were everywhere and people were dropping like flies to those things. We were trying to steam the engines as fast as possible in hopes of getting out of there, but after several minutes we were managing to fight back pretty well. Oliver was surprisingly holding off BoCo well and we thought we had a chance at escape. BoCo then began blaring his distorted horn and in the distance a massive wave of zombies was approaching.

We knew once that wave got here we were done for so we had to act fast, but we weren't fast enough. The wave had arrived. We readied as many guns and weapons as possible and prepared for a fight. God it was a bloodbath. Screams of the survivors and zombies echoed through the night. I thought we were goners until we heard something. The chuffing of a steam engine and the roar of a diesel. There, we saw rounding the bend, were two engines they charged into the horde running over all in their paths. Their bell and horn rang loudly as their cow catchers coated in blood pushed through. Their lamps shone bright into the eyes of BoCo which seemed to have scared him off. Once the infected diesel engine ran off and the last of the zombies were killed the bright lights ceased and I got a good look at them. Our two saviors were Toby and Mavis.

Thomas was overjoyed to see them

Thomas was overjoyed to see them. He couldn't believe they had survived Ffarquhar as he thought no one had survived. Toby and Mavis were the same for him. Along with Toby and Mavis they had a coal truck, fuel tanker, and Henrietta which was full of survivors from Ffarquhar. Toby and Mavis looked quite different aside from their blood covered cow catchers and side plates they were covered in quarry dust and dirt. Toby had that war paint, those black stripes, on his face as well as a metal plate which hung above his lamp. It read "Our Wooden Savior". They had been through alot so imma needed a good chunk of space to write.

Mavis was finishing shunting a train of stone that was for Toby who had just arrived to drop off some workmen at the quarry

Mavis was finishing shunting a train of stone that was for Toby who had just arrived to drop off some workmen at the quarry. Bill and Ben were nearby shunting trucks under the hopper to be filled. In just an instant everything went wrong. Toby noticed what he thought were civilians up on the cliff sides. Some workmen went to evacuate them as it was a blasting day and didn't want them to get hurt or killed. Once the workmen got close they realized too late that the civilians weren't normal. They were monsters and immediately began to attack. The quarry went into a frenzy as people left and right began attacking each other. Toby and Mavis were horrified and urged survivors to get into Henrietta. While doing so several workmen began throwing the explosives at the horde thus causing a rock slide. Mavis yelled for Bill and Ben to get out of the shed but it was too late as another explosion went off causing a massive rockslide which crushed Bill and Ben. Mavis was horrified at what had happened to her friends and didn't see the group of zombies running at her. Toby quickly took action and ran over all the zombies going after Mavis. Toby continued this throughout the quarry saving everyone he could. After a few hours they had killed all the zombies and the survivors were praising Toby for saving them, however Mavis and Toby weren't doing too well. Mavis was still in shock from what had happened to Bill and Ben and poor old Toby was having some major guilt. He thought that maybe there was another way to help those people, maybe he didn't have to kill them all, but Henrietta and the rest of the survivors helped him and Mavis through it. They managed to find a working tv and turned it on to see a news broadcast saying how the creatures were all over the island and were considered hostile. The camera was then thrown to the ground as the sounds of screams were heard before the signal cut out. They were worried and decided it was best to stick in the quarry for a while to wait till things cooled down. While they were hiding out they crafted Toby the metal plate to help him through his guilt.

This seemed to have worked as he was ready to move down the branch, but the remaining workmen wanted to learn more about what they were dealing with

This seemed to have worked as he was ready to move down the branch, but the remaining workmen wanted to learn more about what they were dealing with. During this time they learned that the zombies were sensitive to bright lights which they managed to find brighter lamps for Toby and Mavis to help combat the zombies. After two days of quiet and with a mentally strong Toby and Mavis they decided it was time to head down the line. While doing so they found a zombified Daisy stuck in her shed. There was nothing they could do for the railcar and put her out of her misery. Further down they heard the sound of a gunshot and found Mrs.Kyndley and farmer Finney who was on his knees with his rifle laying on the ground and sitting in front of them was Terence, who Finney had just put down due to being infected.

Mrs

Mrs.Kyndley comforted the old farmer and they both hopped in Henrietta and left the branch line and those who fell with it to rest in peace. They made their way up the main line stopping at Tidmouth where they found James' remains. The workmen tarped him up and left him to rest in peace. They then began their trek down the line searching for any poor soul who could have survived this nightmare and that's when they found us. Once they finished Thomas, Oliver, Arthur, Donald and Trevor began talking with Toby and Mavis about their experiences during this nightmare and that's when I noticed Gordon hadn't said a word since the attack. He was sitting in the corner of the shed mumbling to himself. Thomas noticed this and I moved him over next to him so he could talk with the big blue engine. All the other engines staired at Gordon. Nobody had ever seen him like that. He was worse than when he learned the fate of his brothers and sisters on the mainland. I mean I couldn't blame him. He found the remains of his best friend in a lake and now he learned the fate of James.

Around this time we thought we heard the sound of BoCo's distant horn so we decided to head further down the line towards Killdane

Around this time we thought we heard the sound of BoCo's distant horn so we decided to head further down the line towards Killdane. The further away from BoCo the better, but Greg and Ted pointed out that we were getting close to Crovan's Gate. We all decided that the furthest we would go is Kellsthrope and we would only go further as a last resort. I still had hope that this nightmare would end, but that hope wasn't much.