The Incident and a Great Western Discovery

We arrived at Killdane with surprisingly little incident. We pulled into the empty and quiet station and looked for any survivors or supplies in the nearby town, but there was nothing. The whole town was dead. I noticed Arthur talking with Donald about Douglas. I had almost forgotten about Douglas. He was one of the few engines still unaccounted for and after the massive amount of zombies BoCo could call Donald was losing hope in his twin's survival.

We put the engines into the shed and we were thinking on what to do next. Jem Cole said he was going to take Trevor through the town to do a full sweep for survivors or any useful supplies. We thought that was a good idea and sent him with a few others just to be safe. Once they left Will wanted to take Oliver up the line towards Kellsthorpe to make sure it's safe in case we're ever forced down there. We agreed and decided to join them in Thomas as we thought it would be safer to travel in groups. We grabbed a flatbed from a nearby siding and loaded it with heavy objects like boxes, pipes and other things to make a barricade in case we were forced to fight.

The sun was starting to set and a light fog was rolling in. We wanted to hurry as we didn't want to get ambushed by anything lurking in the fog. While heading down the line we saw what looked to be a train which had been diverted into siding and crashed into some vans full of fish but on closer inspection we were shocked to see it was Duck. He was in awful shape, he was missing an eye and was covered in bites and scratches. But what took us by surprise was the coaches he had begun talking and Thomas lit up in joy when he heard them. It was Annie and Clarabel and even better was that they were okay! Some of their windows were cracked but other than that they were fine. Thomas was so happy to see them again. We uncoupled them from Duck and began pulling them down the line and Oliver asked about Duck. We told him there was nothing we could do as he was most likely infected and Thomas wanted nothing to do with him as he kidnapped Annie and Clarabel. Before we knew it Oliver went racing back into the siding and was coupled to Duck. Duck begged him to just leave him to die, but Oliver didn't listen and pulled Duck back on to the rails.

Thomas had mixed feelings about helping Duck

Thomas had mixed feelings about helping Duck. He wanted to leave him as he took Annie and Clarabel and Thomas went through hell just to find them. From massive zombie hoards to crazy murderous diesels, he'd been through it all. But he still felt bad for him. The pain poor Duck must've gone through had to have been excruciating.

We had just pulled into the yard at Killdane and everyone was shocked to see Annie, Clarabel and the state of Duck. They felt bad for the pannier and wanted to help him through his last moments. Duck finally spoke and explained what had happened to him. When he ran from Tidmouth he was switched down the Elsbridge branch where he went down to Knapford. He found the two red fast passenger coaches James had left behind. They were both abandoned by the time he got there. While searching the yard he found Murdoch with a goods train. They talked for a while questioning what had happened when the zombies found them. They began crawling all over Murdoch and he begged Duck for help. Instead of helping, Duck once again ran, leaving Murdoch for dead.