XVI

As soon as Ruby left the room, The sour cunt Lily stood up with a victorious grin.

"Actually Mr. Romano, I think I got it covered. Thanks!"

She quickly gathered her belongings and left my office. I didn't ease up until I heard the clicking of her heels get farther away.

I was left with my thoughts on what Ruby said, "I'm going to murder him."

Now I've seen a lot of intimidating gazes in my day, but none of them sent chills to my heart like Ruby's.

She had this cold look in her eyes, a look I was far too familiar with.

It was the look of a killer. I need to do something to calm her down before she does something irrational.

I know what it's like to have someone you loved taken by Volkov.

I made up my mind on what to do. I text her and tell her to get dressed and be ready by 9:00.

...

Third Person

Ruby was at a complete loss. Her life had taken such a huge turn that her brain could barely process what was going on.

She had made it home at about 8:30, and she has been roaming the halls as she thought to herself.

She was trying not to do anything rash.

She wanted to calculate her every move.

But every time she thought of her predicament and betrayal, she could feel the anger boil inside her chest.

So, she decided to think about school, though that wasn't much of a good stress reliever.

She can't remember the last time she went to a class. She was sure her grades had plummeted a long time ago.

With everything going on, school had just become an afterthought.

Her chest was filled with less anger and more sorrow.

What her parents think if they saw her like this. What would they think?

She sighed and tried to tap back into her surroundings.

That was the last lesson she learned from Luca. She chuckled at the irony of never missing any of his classes and never going to his brother's.

She passed by a mirror in the hallway. It was a large, vertical mirror. She could see her entire body in it.

She stopped to look at her reflection.

"Woah" she said under her breath.

She lost a little weight and had a lot more muscle. She looked at her lower half.

Her legs were still chubby, but they were strong.

She smiled at her transformation. She wondered if Matteo has noticed all of these changes.

Though there was one thing that never changed, and that was her fat monster of a butt.

She started to twerk a little in the mirror but cut the fun short in case of cameras in the hallway.

She smiled a little and continued her walk. As she walked, she realized how she never went into the book room.

She's been to both the pools, the movie room, the game room, and the gym. But never the book room.

She decided that's where she'll spend the rest of her night.

Reading away her pain. Maybe she'll find a book with a really nice smut scene, if that's the kind of books Matteo reads.

She walked a bit further down the hallway and got to her destination.

The room was filled with light from the two large windows on the ceiling.

The walls were filled from top to bottom with books. It was really a sight to behold. She planned to find a cute short story and sit in the comfortable message chair.

So, she began her search.

She looked up and down and found some interesting looking books. Some murder mysteries. Some mythological origins.

Ultimately, she found a book called 'Fifty Shades of Grey'. It looked interesting, so she went to grab it.

But as she pulled on the book to get it out of the tight space, she heard a machine whirring.

Then when she looked to her left there was a space being opened in between the books.

It was a door shaped opening, and it was dark. Ruby was a bit skeptical about looking in it, but her curiosity always got the best of her.

She walked in the dark room. As she stepped in, the opening closed behind her.

She started to freak out until the room lit up. The one side of the room was filled to the brim with guns.

Handguns, shot guns, machine guns, rifles, even a missile launcher was hanging on the wall. So were racks of bullets, and knives.

The only way Ruby was able to identify the different types of firearms are with Lucas teachings.

Thats also why she did not overreact upon seeing this display. When she agreed to stick by Matteo, she accepted the dangerous lifestyle.

Speaking of Matteo, she had just received a message from him

__________________
Messages:

Hubby🥰😍❤️: Get dressed

Hubby🥰😍❤️: Be ready by 9

__________________

She looked at the time and saw that it was 8:48.

..."Oh shoot"

__________________________________

Hey guys!

Thank you so much for being patient with me on my slow updating

I promise to try to speed things up a bit and let y'all see the craziness of this plot

Leave comments and please vote

Let me know what you guys think

Byeeeee