Chapter Four

The girl with Luke is Alli.

"What the fuck?" I say out loud. This causes Luke and Alli to spot me. They both look terrified. Luke speed walks back to the party, and Alli walks over to me.

"Hey, what's up?" she asks.

"Alli, what the fuck was that?"

"What was what?"

"Okay, now's not the time to play stupid. I saw you with Luke."

She looks at me, and her eyes have tears starting to form. "Please just don't tell Hannah. I can't lose her."

"Alli, I don't get it. Why'd you have sex with her boyfriend?"

"Luke and I have a history. That doesn't make it okay, but we've been having sex the past three years. That's before he even knew Hannah, okay?"

"Yeah, but when they started dating you guys should''ve stopped."

"We did. At least for a little while. When I was with Chris, we never did this kind of thing, but Luke knew I was hurting and he wanted to be there for me. We have a bond that I just can't explain."

"This is so fucked up." I haven't even been at this school for a day, and I'm already involved in drama.

"I know it is, and I know that Luke and I don't want to hurt Hannah," she sighs, "But I can't just not ever be with Luke again."

"Why not? If Hannah is your best friend, why can't you stop fucking her boyfriend?"

"I can't explain it," she looks at me, "Please don't tell Hannah."

"Don't tell me what?" Hannah asks.

"Oh, um," Alli looks at me, "I was telling Bella that I wanted to go home, but I didn't want to upset you."

"Oh, it wouldn't upset me," Hannah smiles, "Just let me go tell my boyfriend that we're leaving." She hurries off to find Luke.

Little does she know that he was cheating on her about fifteen minutes ago. This is painful. I need to tell Hannah, but I don't know if she'd believe me over her best friend. That's why I decide to keep it a secret. For now.

The ride back to the dorm is awkward, to say the least. Alli drove to the party, so she is driving to mine and Hannah's dorm. I sat in the back, so Alli keeps glancing at me through the rearview mirror, with a somber look. I nod to her.

The next day, I wake up to the sound of someone shouting in the living room. As I sneak into the living room, Hannah is on the phone with somebody.

"No you can't do that."

"That's so messed up."

"Mom, I'm not just quitting school!"

All of these statements come from Hannah. I walk in and sit on the couch. She eventually hangs up the phone.

"Everything okay?"

"Not really," she sighs, "My dad just got laid off from his job, and my mom wants me to come back home. I can't do that, though. My whole life is here. I have to help with student government, Luke is here, and now I've got you to take care of."

"Oh, you don't have to worry about me, Hannah."

She is the sweetest girl I have ever met, but her boyfriend sure as hell doesn't care about that. What on Earth goes through a man's head?

"Yes, I do," she smiles, "I heard from Luke that Tate almost got in a fight over you last night."

I chuckle, remembering the night. Tate is an ass.

"I wouldn't say that it was over me," I laugh, "He just thinks I'm gonna lay down at his feet and do whatever he wants. I'm not though. I've had enough of football players."

"Listen, Tate comes off strong, but he is a good guy deep down. When Luke had nowhere to go, Tate took him in. Tate's had a tough life, but he's pushing through. Yeah, he does go through girls extremely fast, but that's only because he hasn't found somebody who loves him yet."

"Well, I mean, neither have I. Love is a fraud," I sigh.

"Love is amazing, and when you experience it, it will change your world!" Hannah giggles.

Oh, poor poor Hannah. I hate that you don't even know what the two people that you love the most in the world are doing to you.