𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣

---

     "WILL!" Miles shouted, frantically shaking his friend as he tried to pull him from his daze. He looked across the field to see the rest of the party plus Ms. Byers running towards the pair. "I just found him here, I don't know what's wrong." He told the woman with tears in his eyes. "I think he's having another episode."

     Joyce looked at her son fearfully, shaking his shoulders, "Will! Will! Will! Sweetie, wake up! It's mom." She begged, "Will! Will, wake up. Can you hear me? Will, please, just wake up. Please, up! It's mom!" She yelled desperately, "It's me!"

     The boy gasped, his eyes flew open and MIles felt like he could finally breathe again, "Oh my god." He huffed.

     Miles went and grabbed Will's backpack and everything from the AV room and met him and Joyce out by their car, putting his things in the backseat. He waved as they drove off down the road.

     Later when Miles got home he went to the Byers' to check on Will. Joyce answered the door and told the boy that Will was asleep and would let him know he stopped by, explaining that he didn't feel well and that if he didn't feel well in the morning he might not be at school.

     The next day he got up and sat waiting for a while in hopes Will would be fine and come to school, but when he didn't come outside Miles left, meeting the rest of his friends at the dumpster where they had all agreed they would search for Dart together.

     When he got there it was Mike, Lucas, and Max and they were getting ready to draw straws (or sticks they found randomly outside). "Oh, thank god." Lucas sighed in relief, kicking up another stick.

     "What's going on?" Miles questioned.

     "We're drawing straws, whoever gets the short one has to go inside the dumpster," Mike explained.

     Miles grimaced, "Alright." He reached for a stick, being stopped by Mike.

     "We all have to have our eyes closed."

     The boy nodded, "Okay." He closed his eyes and reached into the pile, completely unaware of how everyone else kept their eyes open, and left Miles with the shortest stick. He opened his eyes, looking around with a frown, "Alright." He huffed.

     He struggled, clumsily falling over the edge and into the dumpster, groaning as he hit the mounds of trash. He began his search, and after ten minutes he spoke up, "I'm not finding anything, guys."

     "Don't be a baby, just keep looking!" Mike shouted.

     Max rolled her eyes, feeling bad for the boy, "This is so disgusting. Is this really necessary?"

     Dustin came running around the corner, "What the hell is going on?"

     "What do you think?" Mike questioned. "We're looking for Dart."

     "Can I come out now?" Miles called to the group.

     "You guys really made Miles do it?" Dustin questioned to which the group only shrugged. "Yes, you can come out."

     The boy pulled himself up over the ledge, "Can I get a spot?" Dustin and Max came over, standing beneath the boy with their arms outstretched. He jumped down, landing on his feet, the pair reached over, steadying the boy. "Thanks." He huffed.

     Max grimaced, "You smell." He lifted his arm, sniffing himself, grimacing as well. The girl moved a few feet away.

     "Hi, Max." Dustin smiled at the girl.