𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕗𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

---

     BEFORE MILES COULD EVEN COMPREHEND EVERYTHING EL SAID SHE'D SEEN, THE KIDS PLUS ALL THE FIREWORKS A SHOPPING CART COULD HOLD WERE IN NANCY'S CAR SPEEDING TO STARCOURT MALL. When they got there they snuck in not knowing exactly what it was they were about to face.

They got to the second story which overlooked the first in a circle surrounding the food court. They'd seen Steve, Robin, Erica, and Dustin go to hide behind a food counter, a group of Russians approached with guns raised from the other side, one heading straight for the group.

No one had seen the group on the second floor and they needed to think fast. One of the Russian guards got closer and closer to where the other group was hiding, the man stopped to say something into his walkie, summoning the rest of his group to approach the counter.

Will tapped El on the shoulder to get her attention. He pointed to the display car across from the group of armed Russians.

El raised an arm, focusing her energy on the car causing it's alarms to sound and the exterior lights to flash. The men looked over in confusion, they looked up slowly as El and the rest of the group approached the edge of the railing. In a flash El flung the car straight into the men, killing them on impact.

Once the noise settled, they watched as the other group of kids slowly came from behind the food counter, they all shared looks of relief.

They raced down to meet the others on the lower level. Dustin laughed as they came together, "You flung that thing like a Hot Wheel!" Dustin happily exclaimed to El. He grunted as he wrapped both her and Mike in a small group hug.

"Lucas?" Erica exclaimed to her brother.

The boy was confused in concerned for his sister, "What are you doing here?"

"Ask them." She pointed the blame on the others, "It's their fault."

"True. Yeah. Totally true." Steve confirmed. "It's absolutely our fault." Miles finally noticed Steve's bloody and bruised face.

"What happened to your face!?" He questioned with concern.

Steve went to reply but was interrupted by Robin. "I don't understand what happened to that car."

"El has super powers." Dustin explained.

"I'm sorry?"

"Super powers." Steve repeated as if that was a normal characteristic that people had, "She threw it with her mind. C'mon catch up." He rolled his eyes.

"That's El?" Erica questioned pointing tot he girl.

"Who's El?" Robin asked.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Nancy questioned.

"I'm Robin. I work with Steve."

"She cracked the top secret code." Dustin added to excitedly.

Steve nodded, "Yeah, which is how we found out about the Russians in the first place."

"Russians?" Jonathan questioned with furrowed eyebrows, "What Russians?"

"The Russians!"

"Those were Russians?" Max asked.

Miles' head ached, turning from person to person as each spoke frantically to the other.

"Some of them." Erica said.

Lucas squinted his eyes, "What are you talking about?"

"Didn't you hear our code red?" Dustin questioned.