𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕗𝕚𝕧𝕖

---

     WILL SCREAMED IN PAIN AS THE DOCTORS WHEELED HIM THROUGH THE HALLS OF HAWKINS LAB. Miles followed behind trying to keep his composure. Will wouldn't stop screaming and they had no idea what was wrong; Miles was scared.

     When they got into Will's room they moved him from the gurney onto the bed. Joyce cried as her son continued to scream and writhe in pain, a few tears escaped Miles' eyes.

     Doctors milled around the boy, reading vitals and connecting Will to various machines. "Will, where does it hurt?" A nurse asks.

     "All over!" He says weakly, the pain reaching such intensity that he begins to feel numb.

     "She says it feels like he's burning, check for burns." Says the doctor. They take off his gown to look. "I don't see anything."

     "Where does it hurt the most, Will?"

     "Everywhere! EVERYWHERE!" He screams. They inject him with morphine and the room falls quiet.

---

     MILES STAYED BY WILL'S SIDE THE ENTIRE NIGHT, NOT LEAVING ONCE. The boy had called his dad to let him know that he was at the hospital with the Byers, the man seemed indifferent, more concerned about reminding him of the chores he'd need to get done once he was home. Joyce had met with the doctors and was now back and talking to Bob in the far corner of the room.

     "Mom?" The sound of Will's weak voice could be heard and all attention was drawn to him. Miles, Mike, and Joyce all rushed to his side.

     "Hey." The woman smiles at her son.

     Bob exits the room calling down the hall, "is there a doctor? We need a doctor!"

     "Sweetie, how you feeling? You okay?" Joye asks warmly.

     Bob comes back in, "Okay, they're on their way." He comes to Will's bedside, "Hey."

     Will looks at the man with confusion. "Who is that?" He asks his mom.

     Joyce is taken aback, "What?"

     The man chuckles nervously, "It's me, big guy. It's Bob." 

     He reaches to hold the boy's hand and Will pulls away, "Are you... doctor?" 

     "No. No, it's just me. Just... just Bob."

     The group looks at the boy in concern. The doctors come in along with Hopper. Dr.Owens sits in front of Will, shining a light in his eyes, "Do you know your name?"

     "Will."

     "Your full name?"

     "William Byers."

     "Do you know... do you know who I am?" He asks.

     Will thinks for a moment, "A doctor."

     The man nods his head, "Have we met before?"

     He shakes his head, "I don't remember."

     Dr.Owens hums, "You don't remember me?" Will shakes his head. "Okay. How about this guy here?" The man asks pointing at Miles. The boy smiles at Will as the pit of anxiety grows in his stomach. "Do you know who he is?" Will only stares at the boy for a while. "It's alright. Take your time."

     "That's... my friend... Miles." Says Will and the other boy releases the breath he didn't even realize he was holding.

     "How about me, kid?" Hopper questions. "You remember me?" He looks at the man for a moment before shaking his head. "they tell me you helped save me last night, you remember that?" He shakes his head again.