CHAPTER 10

I open my eyes slowly with a buzzing sound in my ears. I look at the ceiling and recognise where I'm.  I'm home, at Damien's home. Buzzing in my ears increases as memories of what happened come to my mind.

I hiss in pain as I try to sit.

"You might want to just rest" comes a Husky voice.

I look to my right to find Damien standing with his hands crossed over his chest. He has changed into sweatpants and a shirt so tight highlighting his biceps.

" How long have I been out?" I ask

" few hours, the doctor gave you some sedatives. He said you'll survive," he says and smirks.

God this smirk and the teasing tone.

"Of course I'll, I'm not done Haunting you yet,' I say and earns myself a laugh from him.

Miracle, the devil just laughed

"You should rest Tesoro, call me if you need anything," he says and walks towards the door.

"Stay," slips from my mouth.

I don't know why I said it but I just did.

He looks at me confirming that I just asked him to stay. I mean, of course, looking at him one can for sure say he is not the caring type.

"Ok," he replies and slid next to me in the bed. He pulls sheets over and turns on the TV.

"So, what do you want to watch," he asks in an amusing tone.

"Never took you for the movie night person," I ask and raise my eyebrows towards him.

"Do you want me to leave"

"I was just messing with you, no need to be a drama queen"

"Who really likes to mess with the devil huh, wait still you get all healed up. I'll show the consequences."

"Let's focus on the movie"

We both end up watching Money heist. We even ate In my room. Soon when the sleep starts kicking I try to stand up to take my pills but can't.

"What do you want?" He asks

"Um-m nothing just my pills. I take my daily," I say and point towards the front desk.

He walks towards the desk and brings me my pills but before handing them to me he reads it carefully.

"What do you take sleep-depriving pills daily," he snaps

"No need to shout. I just take them, give them to me now"

"No, first tell me"

"Are you a child, just give it to me Damien"

This is the first time I've said his name in front of him. His name on his lips sounds cute. Wonder how it'll sound if I scream.

Help me, God

"Take it on your own, if you are not going to tell me," he says and puts it on the desk again.

Done with bickering with him, I try to stand up ignoring all the pain in my shoulder.

"You couldn've just tell me, it's not like I would have eaten you"

"I-i can't ok, so please don't ask me"

I can't tell him I've nightmares, that I scream so Loud that the whole hood can wake up. I can't show him my weak side.

"Whatever," he says and leaves the room and bangs the door behind him.

I take the pill and continue watching other episodes till morning.

~~

It's 6 am and I've completed the whole series. Tokyo is my favourite.

I try to stand up to clean myself. I don't want to be dependent on anyone.

I Don't feel as much pain as I was feeling yesterday. It's still there but less.

 I've experienced much worse.

A single bullet won't more like shouldn't hurt me more.

I managed to get myself clean and re-dress my wounds with first aid in the bathroom. I saw painkillers there so took a few pills to survive the day.

After wearing a comfy pair of sweats and a shirt I walk downstairs.

I see no one except Beth cooking breakfast.

"Oh my dear, how are you? Damien told me what happened last night. Do you need any help? You could have asked me to come to your room to help you. Are you hungry? Of course, you must me.", Beth shoots millions of questions at me.

"I'm fine, no need to worry about me," I reassure her.

"Would you like to have eggs and French toast for breakfast, waffles or pancakes or something else whatever you want," she asks me while wiping her hands covered with flour with her apron.

"Um-m waffles sounds good"

She nods and starts making the batter.

" dear, why don't you rest in your room and I'll bring you waffles in your room"

"No, I'm good here, the room's suffocating"

"Oh-ok"

Beth makes the best waffles. Period.

Even cook at my home doesn't make waffles tasty like this. I like her. She's so sweet and bubbly, probably in her 50s or 60s.

"How old are you Beth," I just ask her straight forward.

"51, why. You looking for my perfect match," she a with a grin on her face.

"Do you need me to," I ask in sarcasm

We cracked jokes and talked about here and there, killing time.

"What are you doing here, shouldn't you be resting," the deep voice comes.

I don't have to look back to see who this person is. The smell of his Cologne and this deep Husky voice is enough.

"I'm fine, no need to babysit me"

"You need to rest and that's not a request it's an order"

"Since when did I start taking orders from you"

This man really thinks he can control me. Yesterday was just an exception of him caring or showing emotions. He's back with his bloody attitude.

"Last time I checked, you are my fiancee"

"Yes, fiancee. No puppet. Listen Mr Damien whatever your middle name is Romano, I don't take orders from you. neither I will take in the future. We might be getting married because of the deal but I'm nothing to you, neither you are to me," I say in one breath.

"Very well, you just made it hard on yourself.  This marriage means nothing to me too but you better understand that no wife of mine is talking back to me like that"

"I will if I want to. As said earlier NOT yOUR FUCKING PUPPET," I say and leave the dining area.