CHAPTER 22

Since we both have the whole day to ourselves.

Paris and I decide to take a few dips in the backyard pool.

I let her borrow my swimwear since she didn't bring any.

We both soak in the sun sipping the fresh pomegranate martini that Beth made for us.

"So, how's Damien treating you," she asks putting her martini away.

"Fine"

"You can talk to me about it. I know, Enver told me you guys have to get married due to some contract," she says and puts an assuring hand on my shoulders

"Thank you"

" you know what, let's go shopping," she says and claps her hands.

"I'm free today, we can go"

We both go into my room and I let her choose something from my closet to wear.

I decide to wear a cosy sage green skirt with Damien's white shirt.

Pair it with long white boots and a white handbag.

"You look fire"

"So do you," I say and stuff my bag with my phone and of course gun.

"Your closet is fire," she says and walks out of the room.

We both go to the mall to get our nails done and do a ton of shopping.

Paris is so nice.

I never had an actual friend. Dad never wanted me to have one because friends can be a weakness.

Plus I never had time to make ones. Missions and assignments kept me busy.

" you're coming to mafia ball next month right ?" Paris asks as she pays for her ice cream.

"Yes. That's where Damien and I are going to announce our engagement."

"Oh"

"You're coming too ?"

"Yes," she sighs

"What"

"Nothing just my dad will be there "

I nod as we make our way to the car.

The day was well spent. We both had quite a bonding time.

As I reach the Car's handle 2 hands grab me from behind.

I drop my shopping bags on the ground before twisting the hands and yanking the person behind me backwards.

I see 2 men, one holding Paris in his hold as she screams and the other launching himself at me.

I dodge him and kick him in his stomach before reaching for my gun in the purse.

The other person pushes Paris out of his grip and kicks my purse.

Shit

Paris hits her head on the concrete floor and passes out.

Enver's gonna be mad

I pull the guy through his collar and lay punches on him and that's when I see the tattoo.