New Bonds

A/N: hey there, been busy with real life, and having some story blocks and procrastination attacking me. So sorry in advance if the next one going to take some time.

---[]---

3rd Person POV

"Ugh... I'm bored.."

A few days have passed, and Rean is officially an Instructor of the combat class. The days passed by as usual, but the young instructor realized that there aren't much stuff to do other than training and combat, which makes him bored.

Some of his true personality has recovered over time, which is the main reason for this sudden feeling of boredom.

"I guess I'm going out for a walk."

In the end, he decided to wander around Vale, looking for something to do in his spare time. And today there was no school so it's the perfect opportunity for him.

Wearing his red casual clothes, he first visited From Dust Till Dawn, checking its papers and magazines, curious about the latest news and trends, which then he was greeted by one of his students in red.

"Oh, hi there Instructor Rean! What are you doing here?" Ruby greeted him while approaching him.

"Oh hello there Ruby, fancy meeting you here. I'm checking out some magazines and newspapers. Are you buying some dust for your weapon ammunitions?" He replied.

"Yes, and also looking for some parts for my new gadgets! Oh and thanks a lot for the notes you gave me Instructor, Those weapons schematics do relps!" She said with a cheerful happy tone.

"No problem, I guess you are indeed a weapon hobbyist huh?"

"Ah-! umm, hehe... you're not wrong Instructor.." She admitted while a little bit embarrassed.

"I'm kind of a dork when it comes to weapons, I rnjoy talking about it and also developing it, some people may take that as a weird thing sadly..." Which she said with a small frown.

"Weird huh? I don't think so."

"Huh?"

"I mean, having something to enjoy is okay as long as you know what you're doing. I don't think it's weird for someone to have a hobby like that.

Heck, I've met a couple of people with weird hobbies and likings, like someone that tends to sleep everywhere, a girl that preferred a plushie of a buff guy ttoa normal one, or someone spending afternoon time drunk on boozes, on some daily basis sometimes. Weird or not it wasn't monotonous and it adds aaunique charm to the person."

"Haha, that one of drinking reminded me of someone. Usually, people said that I'm too obsessed about it, but you're the first one that doesn't even mind about it, thanks Instructor Rean!" Ruby replied with a smile.

"No need to thank me, I'm just saying what is on my mind, that's all. And on the note, I can't wait to see your invention, so good luck!" He said back while also giving her a thumbs up.

"Yes! You won't be disappointed!" She replied while gsmiling at him

After buying their respective items, they then goes outside the store where they continued to talk.

"By the way Instructor, you did have those ideas, but I've never seen you use any weapon that has gimmicks like that, why is that?" Ruby was asking her instructor full of curiosity.

"Well, I may have some ideas, but my battle style was more fitted with my current weapon, even if there are no gimmicks on it."

"I see, though your fire semblance is really cool, you can control them efficiently with your weapon Instructor." She complimented him.