Chapter 7

I bolted up in cold sweat as another one of my clairvoyant dreams tortured me. Just thinking about them made my stomach churn. But then like a bullet a splitting headache pierced my head.

A groan escaped my lips as I clutched my head and fell back onto.....wait.....a bed?

I scrambled up again as I tried to piece together where I was and what I was doing in an unknown place, too weak to use magic. I mean I could be anywhere for heaven's sake, defenseless to anyone who tries to attack me.

" Don't look so scared dear, no one will harm you here", an old, raspy voice came from beside me.

I whirled around and almost fell off the bed in doing so. Sitting beside the bed was a fragile, old lady. Her head was covered in a faded, red cowl but still, a few strands of silver hair managed to sneak past the edge. She was wearing a dull green dress with a small yellow sweater around her shoulders. Her face was mostly wrinkled and liver spots. Her eyes seemed to be in a permanent squint with her gold pupils barely creeping through.  Her pug nose was squished so far into her face that it seemed almost non-existent and her thin lips barely had any red left them. She sat in an uncomfortable-looking oak wood chair. A blueish-green staff leaned against the armrest of her chair.

Her face looked so familiar yet I couldn't place where I had seen it. I remember seeing it in one of my father's books, I think it was about......

"Oh shit, your MAB!"

" But you aren't supposed to be old, you are eternally young"

"Quiet right young man, this is just a facade."

Then, before my eyes, her whole form shimmered, and sat before me was an elegant lady with ebony hair and a purple dress. Her eyes wore pitch-black eyeliner and an expensive-looking tiara sat perfectly on her head.

Even the staff changed its appearance. A leather grip of the same color appeared on it as a gold dragon head appeared on its top.

Panic settled in my stomach as I finally realized the reality of the situation.

I was trapped in a small tent with one of the most powerful sorceresses in the world

--This is Mab--