28: He was like a wild stallion

How did things get to this point?

As much as I’d like to know the answer to that myself, my dazed mind had left me completely unaware of everything else but the burst of endorphins wreaking euphoric havoc on every single fiber of my being.

All I knew was him; melting into him, clothes a discarded memory, skin flushed, high-pitched moans drowned into breathless kisses, fingers clawing into his back with every wild rhythm of a tune understood to only our bodies.

“Aiden,” I breathed, voice a lustful cry.

And somewhere between reaching new levels of pleasures which I never even considered possible, I realized that I’d never been as lost in another person as I was in him.

I’d completely surrendered myself to him in every single way – mind, body and soul. I was his to claim, to mark in each kiss that burned through every inch of my skin, each lingering caress that sent me into…the ceiling?

Hold up, what?

Eyes popped open, I jerked up with a start, heart racing in my chest all the while – and it grew even more so at the sudden realization of what had just happened.

I’d been dreaming? Wait, let me rephrase that – I’d been dreaming about Aiden? No, let me still rephrase that – I’d been dreaming about doing…

Oh my god! Oh my god, why was I dreaming about something like that? Although, now that I thought about it, something about the events of that dream was very familiar.

And that was when it clicked – My CEO’s Trouble!

Talking about trouble, I seemed to have a little of my own right now, as from beside me, came a call of: “Ri.”

Sure enough, I turned to find none other than…

The scream that left my lips was instant. “You,” I started, wide-eyed, and pointing a shaky finger at a particular someone who only a moment ago had starred in my reimagined version of that one scene from My CEO’s Trouble.

I knew I should not have read that book before going to bed.

Now, look what happened. I was out here dreaming about…oh god. It definitely didn’t help that the whole thing was still so fresh in my mind, that I could almost relive it down to the last detail. And it most definitely didn’t help that while all of this was happening, I was now faced with just the person who…

As expected, my mind was a bit overwhelmed in trying to process all of this. Hence, the first words my panic-infused brain was able to manage were: “how are you here?” 

Yeah, my regret was as instant as the question itself. How are you here? This was literally his room! I mean, where else would he be?

Why do I always do this to myself?

Thankfully, I was saved from cringing myself to death, as much to my relief, he seemed to have interpreted my question in a different context. And it was made clear in his response. “Um, you were muttering a lot of things in your sleep, so I thought you were having a nightmare or something.”

Nightmare? If only he knew. 

Hell, if all nightmares were like that, then I’m pretty sure almost everyone would pray to have nightmares every single day of their lives.

Wait, what was I saying? I didn’t want to have a dream like that again – or did I? Great! Now I was having strange dreams, and on top of that, I was also losing my sanity.